Oppo 203. Did I make a mistake

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taubros

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a fairly new member and don’t have a whole lot of experience. I started getting serious about audio about two years ago when I purchased my first set of Logan xt60. I had a dream to one day make it atmos, but with technology and funds I can never catch up. Long story short I recently completed a 5:2 setup consists of the 60xt series. Few weeks back I stumbled across an article about oppo throwing down the towel on its 4K players, a player I hope to have one day.

I quickly went to my local magnolia show room and ordered the oppo 203 to add to my collection. The problem have now is 1. I don’t have a 4K tv yet to test the oppo 2. I have been seeing reviews that the Panasonic UD900 is better. Could I have made a mistake, I know oppo doesn’t offer apps and I am fine with that what are your opinions.

Current setup

Martin Logan motion 60xt
Martin Logan motion 50xt
Rear Martin Logan motion 35xt
Martin Logan Dynamo 1000
Pioneer elite sc-89
Panamax 5100
Audioquest cables
Cheap Sony Blu-ray player (oppo is on the way)

I have to disagree with any review saying the Panasonic is better. The Oppo 203 has digital inputs (including HDMI), a studio-grade DAC, and is a network player. It will also play SACDs. I'm not sure if the Panasonic does that. I think you did good by ordering the 203 while you still can. Just my 2 cents.

I can't imagine anything with a 'Panasonic' label being better than that with an Oppo, even with the current demise of said brand.

I have been seeing reviews that the Panasonic UD900 is better.

With all due respect, some people "over react" to a review. A review is one person's opinion. It is not dogma or "truth". Only you can determine what is "true" for you.

Latest posts

Back