Opinions on Paradigm DSP3100 and Klipsch RW-10d with SL3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazz55

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I apologize for the length of this post. It's been well over a year since my last and while the search continues for improvements in my system, the only major change I've made has been to replace a Nakamichi TA2A receiver (which I had been using as a preamp) with an old Classe SSP25. Power amplification is through a pair of Rotel RB1070's bridged in mono mode.The sound is decent but not at a point where I think it should be. My listening room is my living room and measures 18X16x8, with hardwood flooring. It's not ideal, but it serves its purpose for now.:(

I received great advice in another forum recommending that my sources be upgraded and also cautioning me about the impedance relationship between the SL3s and Rotels. I totally agree but for now I can live with the sources (30 yr old turntable and ~12 yr old CDP) for another little while as I have aspirations to eventually get better sources than I can presently afford. I am also in the market for a used Classe amp should the right price comes along.

In the meantime, I have an opportunity to purchase either a DSP3100 or a RW-10d sub at ~35-40% off regular selling price. Both are bass reflex, front firing designs with 10" woofers). I have been hoping to get a used Depth, but there is currently none available that is in my price range, especially here in the Great White North. The exchange rate between the Canadian and American dollar doesn't help. :D

In various forums I've visited, both subs have their supporters (mainly non-ML owners) so getting additional opinions from ML owners would be very helpful especially since some of you may have considered these subs. I realize they are not "top of the line" but for now, I am hoping one or two of these subs will augment the bottom end of the SL3s as the sound seems "light" and I am watching more and more movies/music DVDs through my system.

Opinions on which sub I should purchase (or maybe not) are welcome. Thanks a million!:bowdown:
jazz55

Thanks for your response. I went to the store but there was only one Klipsch sub available so I ended up with 2 of the DSP3100s. Sadly, today I am sending out my preamp for service so it will be awhile before I get to hear them.:( I hope my gamble on the sound integration pays off.:D

Latest posts

Back