One speaker (Montis) it sounds lower than the other.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Steinberg

Reaction score
Hello guys,

One of my speaker (Montis) it sounds lower than the other. I'm planing to change the panel: Could it be something else beside the panel, or changing it will solve the problem?

Thank you very much.

Henry.

My guess is that it is the panel, because thats how mine sounded when they were worn out. Lower. It is strange though that both arent low. It doesnt make sense why one would be worse than the other, unless one sat in direct sunlight for many years while the other one did not.

I ran Audyssey on mine and it would correct for the problem and make the speakers sound good, but then the bass was too low on the speakers. My subwoofer made up for it. If you want to put off replacing the panels you could try running a DSP on it and see how it turns out, if you havent already done that. It should even the two out.

Here is a good question. On your preamp/receiver, is the level turned up higher on the speaker that sounds low? It would have to do that in order to balance out the volume level of your two speakers.

Back