Once in a lifetime barn find.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just think how much replacement panels would cost, if/when needed, assuming ML could still make them! :D

So $14K for the two Sanders amps, plus another $3,120 for the four XLS amps, so $17K just in amps.

There are so many ways you could amp those speakers!

$16k is a great price and possibly even an "investment" - providing ML are going to make panels for them into the future ??

I can just see someone asking if they can power them with their Sony AVR ..... :)

A large one, even my 16'x26' room is too narrow to fit them comfortably, the Monoliths are barely fitting. I really should have gone with an 18' width. But 16' matched the design of the floor above, and I thought that'd be enough.

Again, a lot!

I'd definitely spring for a Sanders ESL for the panels, a Sanders Magtech for the line array of mid-woofers, and a Crown XLS2502s for each module pair in the sub stacks.

So $14K for the two Sanders amps, plus another $3,120 for the four XLS amps, so $17K just in amps.

So that 'good deal' $16K (plus another $2K in transport) for the speakers, plus required amps will now set one back a hefty $35K.
I don’t forget about after you get home and set them up in your subpar space, the fee for an architect to design the new house you’ll want to fit them in comfortably and set them up properly.

Yep, definitely a massive room to sound right, otherwise forget it. Would be like trying to fit an ESL 13A into a cupboard... just won't work.

I've had the fortunate opportunity to experience these at least once a year, when I get a chance to meet up with my long-term trusted dealer mate in Spore. He's got the following:
Statement Evo-II's
Infinity IRSV's
Magnepan MG30.7's
CLX Art's
Alsyvox Botichelli-X

Since lately, last year around Aug he passed on the Genesis dealership and took delivery of the Genesis Dragons as his last major speaker project. The MG30.7's were sold a year ago, now has the Alsyvox ribbons. Still has the CLX's and Evo-II's. The last time I visited, he was using the Relentless monoblocks and a Momentum preamp. However, I think those have been traded in for Dartzeel monoblocks. The Alsyvox and CLX's are driven by CJ's top of the line ART300's and the ART108A's 160w Class A tube amps.
He uses SS gear on the Evo-II's and Genesis speakers but uses tubes with stats & ribbons.

The room is massive! Dedicated to audio gear in terms of absolute AC mains power distribution and AC line conditioners, afterall Spore is not as stable as Aus, so we're lucky down unda! If memory serves correct, I think it's something like 30ft across (width), 45ft length and 12ft ceilings that are arched towards the back. At the back is where most of the gear is located, with the power amps flanked towards each side of the main system gear racks. The power conditioners are located behind the speakers for all the stats and main power amps. Very long interconnect runs are used plus speaker cables and it's a full Nordost Odin reference series power loom. Crazy crazy money just on the cables, wouldn't ever want to go there! Don't even ask!

I remember that he replaced the midrange driver array on the Evo-II's as they deteriorated over time in such tropical climes. The bass modules were ok, as well as the stat panels. In the Statements, it's only the highs, and upper mids that are handled by the stat panels. The lower midrange and LF's are all dynamic driver type. I think these were replaced by the same drivers used in Focal's Utopia series. I could be wrong but I'm sure something along those lines.

Anyway, whenever I get a chance to visit and either listen to any one of these systems, it's just awe-inspiring! I haven't heard his Botichelli-X system as yet but driven by CJ's ART108A's, supposed to be the most superior he's had, according to him... So I guess the Evo-II's, Genesis and Infinity's have been parked for now. Plenty of room to park these massive things.

Planning on a visit in Feb to check out the ART108A's, as I'm very interested in these monoblocks. When I get there I'll know what he's upto and what's been sold... I do know that he really loves the CLX's and Alsyvox, as the others are getting fairly old or getting on... so he says. Ha! What a luxurious problem to have.

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ

Ha! That's a good one.

I was just on the phone with my mate the other day, and I asked him about the Statements drivers. So it seems that during the initial days, ML didn't use aluminium drivers /cones, rather some other type of material. Over time, especially in tropical climes these slowly deteriorated and the drivers on the woofer system lost their tension. So he replaced the full array of midrange drivers plus the surrounds and bass drivers in each module. Focal drivers were used on the panels, and Paradigm drivers were used in the bass modules. This proved to be superior as well as faster response compared to the older design. However, now ML uses aluminium drivers that are much faster, stiffer, lighter and extremely efficient, so they've come a fair way compared to the early 90's.

Also, the Dan D's Relentless amps have been sold off to the dealer who took the Genesis Dragons. Now he's using the Pass Labs XS300's dual chassis top of the line monoblocks on the Statements and the new XA200.8 on the other panels. So quite a lot of gear gas been moved on since we last spoke. The Momentum preamp is still there, and also will be taking delivery of CJ's newest top of the line ART88 preamp, now that would be something!

These all tube preamps just came out by Conrad johnson, and they're in limited edition and pricey! More than the GATS2. I guess if you can fork out the extra funds and have deep pockets, why not enjoy!

Cheers, RJ

Update: The speakers found their way to their new home. An esteemed member over at what’s best forum took the leap of faith and gave these a new home.
1A42D353-A0CC-4697-8CE9-AA53309858A5.jpeg
2630208E-84D9-4A78-A843-F6D40184E3C2.jpeg

Yep! There she is... the Statements crates in full glory. Some heavy lifting is required here, I reckon Jay Cutler or big Rammy, since Ronnie Coleman has serious back issues.

450kgs or thereabouts is no easy task. Get strapping fellas! This requires the tough guys & gals of course.

Once all set up, I'm sure Lagonda will post those wonderful pics! Cheers, and a mighty
WOOF! RJ

Yep! There she is... the Statements crates in full glory. Some heavy lifting is required here, I reckon Jay Cutler or big Rammy, since Ronnie Coleman has serious back issues.

450kgs or thereabouts is no easy task. Get strapping fellas! This requires the tough guys & gals of course.

Once all set up, I'm sure Lagonda will post those wonderful pics! Cheers, and a mighty
WOOF! RJ
Fred Hatfield in his heyday could have carried one of those crates on his back pretty easy. That would be a neat strongman contest. See how fast the contestants can move all of those crates.

Holy cow…that’s a serious project just to set up! Definitely want to see them set up!

WOOF! RJ
Lagonda set them up and took some midnight pics but they weren’t great. He said he was opening a new thread and would talk about his journey there.

Holy cow…that’s a serious project just to set up! Definitely want to see them set up!
Holy cow…that’s a serious project just to set up! Definitely want to HEAR them set up!!!
But alas, I won't.

Back