Once in a lifetime barn find.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know how many of those speakers were produced? It's got to be small. That's a very fair price. I wonder if Martin Logan will make replacement panels for those? This pair shouldn't need any yet, but just thinking ahead because someday they will.

Saw that on another thread. YES - someone who loves them, please grab them. The greatest speakers produced ever!

Awesome, can’t afford and don’t have the room in my house. Someone please buy, I’ll bring the booze if you let me listen to them!!! I don’t even drink!!

I saw/heard the Statements at a NYC audio show around the mid 1990's. I believe they sold for $60k at the time. There's no way I would have room for them, but the price is certainly right.

and to think, they made their North American debut at my local Audio Salon, Overture Audio, Wilmington, De

and to think, they made their North American debut at my local Audio Salon, Overture Audio, Wilmington, De
I was visiting a friend in Boston and we walked into Goodwins when they had the Statements playing -wow! The soundstage was overwhelming - I remember Diana Krall being HUGE.
Overture was where I was smitten after hearing the SL3's 1998 and fell down the rabbit hole. Great people there- Terry had some great events there.

me new speakers calling your name.
I actually heard that call yesterday when these popped up on one of the Facebook groups.

Too bad about timing, at that price, I'd normally jump on them, but I've got too much else going on now.

Hopefully, someone here will make the purchase.

I can hear our collective wheels turning- just maybe could swing this.... but seriously what size room would you need to properly accommodate these bad boys?? Nobody mentioned amplifier power requirements either..

. but seriously what size room would you need to properly accommodate these bad boys??
A large one, even my 16'x26' room is too narrow to fit them comfortably, the Monoliths are barely fitting. I really should have gone with an 18' width. But 16' matched the design of the floor above, and I thought that'd be enough.

Nobody mentioned amplifier power requirements either..
Again, a lot!

I'd definitely spring for a Sanders ESL for the panels, a Sanders Magtech for the line array of mid-woofers, and a Crown XLS2502s for each module pair in the sub stacks.

So $14K for the two Sanders amps, plus another $3,120 for the four XLS amps, so $17K just in amps.

So that 'good deal' $16K (plus another $2K in transport) for the speakers, plus required amps will now set one back a hefty $35K.

I can hear our collective wheels turning- just maybe could swing this.... but seriously what size room would you need to properly accommodate these bad boys?? Nobody mentioned amplifier power requirements either..
Yeah, you'll need some hefty amps, and quite a few? Big expense there now with these high inflation prices.

I'd so like to know about room size.

Back