Older Audio Equipment..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBobGoat

Reaction score
I was just looking through my parents basement and found a Yamaha CR-2020 and a Marantz 2275. Does anybody know anything about these receivers? Should I take them back to my house or just let them chill in the basement here?

happy new year

I don't know anything about them, but I'd take anything I could get... :)
You could use one of them for a 2nd system.

dyazdani said:
I don't know anything about them, but I'd take anything I could get... :)
You could use one of them for a 2nd system.
Stereo in every room including the garage is a worthy goal. :D

TheBobGoat,
As I remember the Marantz 2275 was the top of their line in the early 70's and a very good receiver. It had very conservative specs and a good perfromer. I own a Marantz Model 30 which is an amp/preamp combo from 1971 and it is still running strong and within spec.
Here is a website that may give you a bit more info.
I would keep it :D
http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2275.html

Jeff :cool:

Thanks for the input guys - I will probably UPS them to myself once I get home. That yamaha is 52 lbs - nice carry-on luggage huh?

Hi,
I have found older tuners to be far superior to what is offered now. I have tried several 'new' tuners, and none come close to the performance of an old Heathkit tuner I've used for 30+ years now, especially on the AM band. AM on a good tuner can actually sound quite decent, though you'd never know it if all you've heard is AM on virtually all recent tuners. Even on the FM band, the 'old' tuner picks up several more stations, and does it cleaner and quieter than any new one I've tried.

My .02,
Peter

Cr2020

I think the CR2020 is one of the more collectable vintage receivers. The amp section is great... I would rate the tuner as a middle of the packer on the vintage scale. If you ever want to sell it, and the cabinet is in decent shape, let me know. It is a nice piece, and very much worth keeping IMHO.

Latest posts

Back