old member: DTB300

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknuds01

Reaction score
All -

Sorry that I have not posted much in recent months (or maybe years). It has come to my attention that one of our old members, Dan (DTB300) is very sick with cancer. Via facebook he posted a rather moving message. I'm sure we all have friends and family members who may have been stricken with a terrible disease. Sometimes they recover fully, sometimes they don't.

This is the time of year to truly be thankful for everything we have - our health, friends, kids, spouse, good jobs, and so on. It is very easy to lose site of that given the current political culture and where nearly everything covered by the media is rather negative and gloomy. As the old saying goes, "sometimes you don't know what you have, until it's gone."

When I first got my Martin Logans (as a Christmas present) I came across this forum and had the distinct pleasure of meeting Dan (DTB300), Dave (twich54), and Tim (MiTT) at their homes or at big events such as the RMAF. I don't see these guys nearly as often as I would like and I owe all of them a lot when it comes to learning about, or enjoying, this great hobby.

So the next time you see your mom/dad, your son/daughter, your husband/wife, or even a very close friend or relative...throw them a smile, give them a hug, and tell them you love him/her and/or care about them deeply.

Hi Erik, I'm thankful for thoughtful, caring members like yourself. Thanks for sharing this.

And to Dan (DTB300) my sincerest best wishes for a recovery soon. Our thoughts are with you.

Erik,

Thanks for reaching out, Wow, I did not know of Dan's illness, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I still remember that day many years ago when he hosted a gathering at his house and we all had such a great time. To this day I have never heard a system perform so well with such a challenging room as Dan has. His attention to acoustic 'intervention' is second to none !

Dan, if you read this, know that your fellow Martin Logan brothers and sisters are pulling for you and as a former Western New Yorker I know you'll be strong !

Erik,

Thanks for reaching out, Wow, I did not know of Dan's illness, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I still remember that day many years ago when he hosted a gathering at his house and we all had such a great time. To this day I have never heard a system perform so well with such a challenging room as Dan has. His attention to acoustic 'intervention' is second to none !

Dan, if you read this, know that your fellow Martin Logan brothers and sisters are pulling for you and as a former Western New Yorker I know you'll be strong !

I cannot believe it.

DTB300 was one of the staples from the previous era on this forum. I never had the luck to meet him in person, I don't think he went to the 2007 National Gathering. But I have come across his posts so many times, I almost feel like I know him.

I wish him the best.... that's really sad to hear that he is sick.

Dan passed away last Friday. He died peacefully at home surrounded by his friends and loved ones.

I'm sorry to hear that. Rest in peace, Dan......

Back