okie dokie....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASLayerAODsk

Reaction score
ok..was just listening to some Harvey Danger on my ML Aerius i's and then my left channel just fizzled out..and now i cant get either of them working..i dunno..got them both unplugged now..gonna let them sit for a bit...i dunno...that didnt sound good at all..and it wasnt overly loud either....regular listening on my denon 1801 is about -30ish..and i was up to -25 so..it was boppin..but not pounding....anyone have any clue on what happened?
no real power protection other than a powerbar...:p thats underway...at least in the works anyway..for the new year...i just hope they make it that far..cause last time i shipped them....UPS annihilated my speakers and then noone would take responsibility for them...cause i didnt see/know about the damage till i got them home..and yes they were fully insured...blah...this really isnt my day...at the same time its a really good day :p
blah.

Sorry for some of the bad portions of your day.

Do you have anything you can use/borrow for a test with Aerius to see if they will respond at all with even small sounds. I would check breakers and all that normal stuff. :)
Also,as a another thought,and this is a guess because I am not that familiar with the Aerius, there may be a fuse on the power regulator board. My Sequel II's had this problem and it turned out to be the power regulator boards which were not that expensive to replace and you can do them yourself. :D

Good Luck

Jeff :cool:

Sorry to hear about the problems. Do you have another set of speakers, even a cheap mini system or something? You might want to run a test to see if it's the MLs or your Denon.

I'm not sure if those receivers have some sort of protection mode or not.

ok..update...

well..got home from work..and decided to try all the connections..as i was too tired/frusterated last night to do anything with a clear head...so i waited...and i dunno if this happened when i was pulling the stand out or what..but the positive ends were dangling around...glad i unplugged it all..:p anyway...so now i have them working again...i truely dont know what happened...or why it happened..but the left channel started up with a bit of static..but now its playing quite clearly...so i dunno...everything 'seems' ok for now...maybe that damage it took on the UPS trip gave it some damage that takes a while to 'kick' in :p

Sometimes when they first start up, it doesn't sound right - just for a second until the panel gets power. I see this a lot on my center, it takes just a second for the signal sensing to kick in and get things playing.

Glad you have things working again!

it was the Anthem...:p

ok..well..this is VERY interesting..and ive already sent an email to sonic foundaries...my Anthem MCA 2 was the problem..the left channel is dying AGAIN*already sent it in for warranty for the left channel about 1-2 years ago* :p that was the problem...so...i have my ML's directly into my Denon 1801..and you know whats scarey? the Denon actually sounds 5x better than my Anthem....and that was $1000 amp at the time...wow...im quite confused....im getting SO MUCH more detail out of my Denon than i EVER did from the Anthem...and i use MIT interconnects from the denon to the Anthem...so i dunno what gives...wow..im confused..but now im just waiting for a response from SF this week...so ill keep ya posted.

ps and i looked for any kitty furballs behind the stand..and nothing...so maybe your cat covered its tracks! :D

Anthem MCA 2...

ASLayerAODsk said:
ok..well..this is VERY interesting..and ive already sent an email to sonic foundaries...my Anthem MCA 2 was the problem..the left channel is dying AGAIN*already sent it in for warranty for the left channel about 1-2 years ago* :p that was the problem...so...i have my ML's directly into my Denon 1801..and you know whats scarey? the Denon actually sounds 5x better than my Anthem....and that was $1000 amp at the time...wow...im quite confused....im getting SO MUCH more detail out of my Denon than i EVER did from the Anthem...and i use MIT interconnects from the denon to the Anthem...so i dunno what gives...wow..im confused..but now im just waiting for a response from SF this week...so ill keep ya posted.

ps and i looked for any kitty furballs behind the stand..and nothing...so maybe your cat covered its tracks! :D
ASLayerAODsk,

I hope it's nothing too serious... :eek: Sorry you had all of these problems going on all at once... Yeah, let us know how it goes. :confused:

Cheers

-Robin

ASLayerAODsk,
I too am sorry for your troubles. You have now come to discover some of the things I ran across in my travels which is, sometimes simpler is better. The less "things" between the source and the speakers the less "colorization and to my ears the better the sound, IMHO. Now having said that let me clarify a bit.

First of all, the Anthem is not a bad product nor the Denon. The only issue which some have with Denon and ML's are the amount of current they produce for the speaker of concern and in reality it is the larger and older ones that are an issue.

I subscribe to the philosophy of simpler is sometimes better. :D
I hope yur problem is a simple one and soes not cost too much.

Jeff :cool:

Back