Ohms

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Taz

Need some help. I am looking to get a set of outdoor speakers. I am interested in some speakercraft but they are 4 ohm will my AVR Denon 4806 be able to drive these at a good level for outdoors for parties and also the pool. Or maybe another speaker I should be looking at.

I remember the mini speakers from Advent, which first came out almost 20 years ago. The pecan wood interior version were pretty good, I helped my sister pick them up along with the micro bass unit/subwoofer. However the outdoor exterior version in white plastic was poor by comparison. I don't think they had anything in common but the cabinet dimensions and styling.

Those Omni-5's look pretty good, I like the concept.

Are these the speakers you are looking at?

http://www.speakercraft.com/our_products/oe/index.htm
elem_cover_group.jpg

I don't know anything about them, I bet they ROCK though. :D

Taz said:
Need some help. I am looking to get a set of outdoor speakers. I am interested in some speakercraft but they are 4 ohm will my AVR Denon 4806 be able to drive these at a good level for outdoors for parties and also the pool. Or maybe another speaker I should be looking at.

I wouldnt be too worried about the 4806 and its ability to drive 4 ohm speakers.

I have an AVCa11xv (european/australian) equivalent of the 4806.

On my HT it runs two Aeon i's, plus 3 Orpheus speakers as centre and surrounds (all 4 ohm) with no difficulty whatsoever.

The denon has a high current torriodal amp.

Last edited:
Back