Oh No!!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolfin

Reaction score
One of my Aeon's is no longer functioning. First I thought it was the amp, but after moving channels around I was able to narrow it down to the Aeon.

The red light still comes on at the base of the panel, but with the exception of an occasional faint crackle from the panel (have to be real close to hear it), it's no longer making sound. Not even the woofer!

What could it be? Is this something I'm going to have to send it back to get fixed? Any advice you good people can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I'm devastated. :(

I've sent an email to Jim Power as well.

Sorry to here that Dolfin.

There are 3 wires that connect the panel to the charging board, you could try locating them and see if one of them has come loose. If its not that it could be a problem with your charging board, I would call Jim Power at ML.

Not sure where the connection wires are on the Aeon but on the Ascent they are located behind the panel above the woofer on the right side. You look behind the panel on the inside and there is a little door held on with two screws. Removing the screws will give you access to the connections.

Dolfin said:
If it was just the panel I'd imagine that the woofer would still be working.... or is that not the case? :confused:

Sorry I did not see the part about that woofer not playing either. I don’t know? Unless Roberto has a few suggestions, best thing I can say is call Jim Power at ML on Monday and see what he says.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Dolfin said:
If it was just the panel I'd imagine that the woofer would still be working.... or is that not the case? :confused:
Hola Dolfin. It looks to me that you have a bad channel, or or bad I.C. You told us that you did track the problem...but let´s do this. Swap the Aeons, the left for the right and listen...if the bad one start to sing, then the Aeons are o.k. This will tell us if the culprit really is the Aeon. Why I want you to swap them? Beacuse if you have a bad panel, the woofer would be still working and this is not the case, right? Also check the preamplifier. Sometimes, you might have a bad preamp and the light of the Aeon could be on...please let us know how the test went...so we can help to solve the problem...
Roberto.

Ok, now I'm REALLY confused.

First of all, muchisimas gracias Roberto for your reply. I physically swapped the Aeon's. I had left the one which I thought was bad unplugged over-night as well. Now everything seems to be working. I made no changes to my preamp or my amplifier. So what happened? Could leaving the aeon unplugged be it? At any rate, I'm cautiously remaining optimistic that things will work okay from now on. :confused:

Dolfin said:
Ok, now I'm REALLY confused.

First of all, muchisimas gracias Roberto for your reply. I physically swapped the Aeon's. I had left the one which I thought was bad unplugged over-night as well. Now everything seems to be working. I made no changes to my preamp or my amplifier. So what happened? Could leaving the aeon unplugged be it? At any rate, I'm cautiously remaining optimistic that things will work okay from now on. :confused:
:rolleyes: Sometimes I called them "gremlings" :D ...and you, how do you called them?...somewhere in the path, was a faulty contact for sure...good to know that you are enjoying them again...happy listening,
Roberto.

Glad they're fixed now, Dolfin... and hopefully they remain fixed.

Latest posts

Back