Official notice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WindsorFox

Reaction score
Well, it looks like I am now an official member of this forum.....

Attachments

• reQuest.jpg
    reQuest.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
:welcome: to the madness!

Glad to see you're here and willing to partake in the goodness that is ML. Make sure to take photos when all is set up in your room.

;)

Congratulations!

Because of its power, the Bryston is a great choice for ML. I own the 4B ST and it is the very last component I plan to upgrade.

I'll put the Bryston on the subs and the Carver on the panels. With no transformers the Carver doesn't have the low end umph that the Bryston does, so it should be a pretty good match. I'll have to start reading the tweak sections soon.

Yes, :welcome: to our little corner of the world!

You're going to love those speakers. Let us know what your final configuration is and how you like them!

Great choice and a wise decision. With 20 bids you had some competition on the auction and still won it at a great price. Congratulations on the Requests and welcome to the club!

Great choice and a wise decision. With 20 bids you had some competition on the auction and still won it at a great price. Congratulations on the Requests and welcome to the club!

Yeah I don't know how that happened. I'm going to ask the guy tomorrow when we talk to charge my CC if he ended the auction early.

I personally would have steered clear of that auction. The seller really has no idea what they're selling and no real clue about the history of the speakers other than "They came from a very nice set up in a home, professionally installed for a home theatre. Tested and working fine".

Kinda scarey, IMHO.... And that fact that they don't have the original boxes scares me.. How did the owner get them to the place where they reside now? Maybe in the back of a pickup truck for all you know....

Good luck with them. FatJ's pair for $2500 would've been my choice.... a slammin' deal with all that you get with it.

Tom.

Last edited:
When I got my Monoliths shipped 1000 miles I was freaked. The only good news was the seller had the original box. The shipping gods were indeed kind to me because they got to my door without a scratch. I worked with the seller and paid a few dollars more to have it shipped by a freight carrier. When the 18 wheeler pulled up to my block with the 2 monolith boxes banded to the back of the truck I was smiling ear to ear. Getting them into the house all by myself was an adventure in itself.

I personally would have steered clear of that auction. The seller really has no idea what they're selling and no real clue about the history of the speakers other than "They came from a very nice set up in a home, professionally installed for a home theatre. Tested and working fine".

Kinda scarey, IMHO.... And that fact that they don't have the original boxes scares me.. How did the owner get them to the place where they reside now? Maybe in the back of a pickup truck for all you know....

Good luck with them. FatJ's pair for $2500 would've been my choice.... a slammin' deal with all that you get with it.

Tom.

In his defense I think that he would have gone that route had they not closed the auction early. The wheels were already in motion. I'm not sure what's up with that auction either.... but I really do hope his speakers show up in good working order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spoke to John the owner on the phone. And he's pretty anal about his packing and is as desiring as I am for them to arrive safely because he doesn't want to deal with an insurance company. They seem to have a lot of experience packing and shipping. Everything else is on DHL. I'm considering meeting him in Pensacola though.

Back