odd tweak proposal looking for an EE's insight

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mart...I replied to you over at the Planar forum. I forgot the date the panel shutdown circuit was introduced, but I am sure someone else here remembers.

Dan

Copy of what I wrote in the link:

They started the auto turn on with the Aerius-i (I think), which would be about 1994.

I have an early pair of the original Aerius speakers, was told back in 1998 that I could upgrade the boards from M/L. I don't know if that servce is still being offered.

kach22i said:
Copy of what I wrote in the link:

They started the auto turn on with the Aerius-i (I think), which would be about 1994.

I have an early pair of the original Aerius speakers, was told back in 1998 that I could upgrade the boards from M/L. I don't know if that servce is still being offered.
Hola chicos...I think that the Sequel II was the first one (1992). Once, Jim Power told me that..hope this can help. Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Roberto is correct. When my power boards died in my Sequel II's I was sent the upgraded version that now all ML's have. My Sequel II's were the original production starting in 1989. Jim Power told me the later end of the Sequel production and the SL3's had it so 1992 would be about correct as to when it was introduced.

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
1992 would be about correct as to when it was introduced.

Jeff :cool:
I think the original Aerius speakers were brought out in late 1992. Why they waited a year or two later on the Aerius-i to bring the auto-turn on feature is a mystery to me if the Sequel II already had it.

kach22i said:
I think the original Aerius speakers were brought out in late 1992. Why they waited a year or two later on the Aerius-i to bring the auto-turn on feature is a mystery to me if the Sequel II already had it.
Hola. The first Aerius came out with the switching power supply already. The very first, If I'm not wrong was the late Sequel, then all the models came out with the sensing power supply. Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

roberto said:
Hola. The first Aerius came out with the switching power supply already.
I remember talking to Jim Powers about this (way back), would of cost me $150 a side for new boards (no LED light) - I passed on it.

My Aerius speakers are number 204 & 205 made (I think).

My original Sequels had the circuit to shut off the power to the panel also.. Circa 1987... Even says it in the manual.

TomDac said:
My original Sequels had the circuit to shut off the power to the panel also.. Circa 1987... Even says it in the manual.
That's odd, I wonder how the later auto on/auto off versions differed from the later LED indicator versions.

Latest posts

Back