Odd hiss coming from one of my Sequels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Hi all
Lately I've noticed on of the panels of my Sequels is hissing quite noticeably. Odd thing is the hiss lingers long after I shut the system down. I know it's not shot noise from the amplifier, because it remains long after the filter caps bleed off in the amplifier. I'd say the panel doesn't get quiet again for about 1/2 hour after I shut down. Interestingly, the hissing doesn't start until the music starts. If I turn on the system and leave it alone, the offending panel doesn't get noisy. I'm not too worried about it. Right now I'm saving up for new panels anyway. I'm hoping whatever's occurring isn't in the power supply.
Any thoughts?

Precisely I have a similar problem, only in one of my Summits. At 60-70 centimeters high the left one produce a sparkling sound that don't affect the sound but it's continuos until the loudspeakers is turn off or there's no signal (the blue led turns off).

Any ideas about a posible reason?

Regards.

I'd like to add that I don't power down the speakers when I'm done. They don't draw any current, and the power supplies don't get warm, so no problem leaving them on.

Tube60 said:
I'd like to add that I don't power down the speakers when I'm done. They don't draw any current, and the power supplies don't get warm, so no problem leaving them on.
Hola muchachos...well, I think that if you read your ML owners manual, almost at the end of it, there is a chapter with some adivices and questions like yours. All electrostatic speakers makes funy noises once and then. It is some dust or debris that were attrackted by the electrostatic field of the stat panels. It is good to disconnect them from the main A.C. during night and next day give them a good vacuum clean, from left to right and from top to bottom. this should be done it by both sides, front and rear. This noises are harmless and also are not part of the music itself...as they came, they will go...happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Back