Obsessive hobbies....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the finished Valve Index storage. Seems to work well. I decided not to run the charging cables up through the controller holder. That seems fiddly and I only charge them every 2 weeks or so. Fortunately the entire rear section should be usable for any headset in the future. The front section may need to be reworked although I could keep the case brackets if I wanted.

View attachment 22191
Looks very professional. One of a kind. I wonder if anyone else has made it?

Looks very professional. One of a kind. I wonder if anyone else has made it?

I've not shared these files yet.
They are specific to my computer case, the Valve Index, my round USB charger, and the VR headset holder. That's a lot of variables, so while I could share it, I doubt many people would print it out.

I've not shared these files yet.
They are specific to my computer case, the Valve Index, my round USB charger, and the VR headset holder. That's a lot of variables, so while I could share it, I doubt many people would print it out.
Yeah, true. What I really meant to say, I wonder if anyone else has made a holder for their equipment.Someone could make one that sits on a desk or other surface. Suppose you could make one a bit taller that sits on the floor?

Yeah, true. What I really meant to say, I wonder if anyone else has made a holder for their equipment.Someone could make one that sits on a desk or other surface. Suppose you could make one a bit taller that sits on the floor?

I've seen VR headset and controller holders that mount to your wall that would get them as far off the floor as you want. I haven't seen anything free standing of any significant height.

Production in Europe has gone forward with a sim racing tactile plate and mounting brackets that I designed. It's heading to powdercoat.

seatplates.jpg

What? It’s been awhile Mark. Did you go into business with your obsession?

I mentioned a while back that I was working with a guy in Ireland who was a tactile genius.
Designing a few things for him was my way of helping him out. I'm not getting a penny out of this.

Another guy in Germany helped get him find a company who would manufacture and sell his system. He also isn't making a penny.

The company paying to manufacture these parts sells complete sim rigs to professional race car drivers and is already selling Race Bass tactile systems on 40,000-50,000 Euro rigs. Part of the deal was that they also sell DIY parts to people. These are those parts.

There is money going to the guy in Ireland who has thousands of hours into this. So far all he has done is buy more amplifiers, measuring devices and hardware to allow him to verify when he is achieving what he is after.

Last edited:
Well - I am glad you are still at it since this thread started!! :)

It's a welded steel foot plate to replace the bolted together aluminum plate.
I felt like the 1/8" thick aluminum rectangular tube was flexing where it is bolted together.

This shouldn't have any issues with flex :)

The welding isn't pretty. I've definitely done better, but I got it all together and it fits properly.

Primer_7263.jpg

It's a welded steel foot plate to replace the bolted together aluminum plate.
I felt like the 1/8" thick aluminum rectangular tube was flexing where it is bolted together.

This shouldn't have any issues with flex :)

The welding isn't pretty. I've definitely done better, but I got it all together and it fits properly.

View attachment 22229
Looks good to me. Very professional.

Looks good to me. Very professional.

I don't know if it is professional, but for my very first welding project, I'll call it good enough.
I think once it is mounted and lost in the complexity of the rest of the rig it will look fine.

Hopefully when the paint dries and I get it mounted tomorrow, it will make the difference I was hoping for.

paint_7266.jpg

The verdict is in and it was definitely worth it. I'm now feeling the full kick of the BK-CT on the front plate. My assumption that the aluminum plate was flexing appears to have been correct.

So I'm back to thinking I am done with my rig. Time to get some racing in :)

A new project, but I didn't design this one. I'm actually highly impressed with the design of this. It requires extreme precision and for about 20 of the 150 or so parts, there are calibration fixtures that you fit bearings to. Based on which hole fits, you then select the appropriately designed parts for the scale factor.
I'm knee deep printing parts right now and I believe the may take me 3 weeks to complete.

Slowly but surely...
WaitingforGold_7559.jpg

Last edited:
Hope to get that clock built next weekend, I've been busy/distracted by other things.

Tried my hand at making vinyl decals.
Once again the maker space has the equipment to play with, so I did.
I downloaded free Inkscape software took some vector art for this RaceBass stuff I've been working with, sized it, cut it out, weeded out the vinyl I didn't want, put some application tape on it and mounted it to my seat. Worked like a champ.

vinylcutter.jpg
CleanDecal_7916.jpg
InPlace_7917.jpg

Back