Obama's legacy

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why this 'distinction' matters, Dave. A citizen is a citizen, regardless of whether they live in an urban or rural area. Everyone's vote should count equally, in my opinion, which is why I'm not a fan of the electoral college.

I too am very confused about Dave's position.

Is he saying rural votes are more important / relevant than those who live in urban areas?

And of course, you will have more problems when higher populations are concentrated in a smaller areas.

guys I thought I was clear, but I guess not. American cities harbor more free loaders , entitlement BS seekers , I could go on and on , thus they almost ALWAYS tend to vote Democrat.

Example.......my state, Pa ...... take away the three largest 'urban' areas (highest crime, welfare, you name it) Philly, P'burg, Scranton / Wilkes-Barre , all solidly vote Democrat ...........now you tell me why ?

Not sure why this 'distinction' matters, Dave. A citizen is a citizen, regardless of whether they live in an urban or rural area. Everyone's vote should count equally, in my opinion, which is why I'm not a fan of the electoral college.

I have a buddy at work that thinks the same about the college. I used to think that as well. But over multiple elections I have re-thought my position. I don't know if you noticed but this country seems to have regional thinking. We have states flying the confederate flag. Let's suppose those states were California and New York. Trying to get candidates out of California , New York , and Texas would be a challenge. The longer they stay the more votes they would get. I just think it evens the map out a bit from a regional perspective. I understand your point - I just think they got this right as our regional differences shouldn't control policy in my opinion. And I think that is what might happen if it was dumped. My opinion of course

Rhetoric? Seriously? That all ya gots? Thrown back at ya my friend! I find most of what I am saying to be intelligent and at least thoughtful enough against what I consider to the most odious, poisonous, pious, criminal that may or may not get charged and imprisoned for treason against the United States of America! Opps! I forgot the penalty for Treason is death...Listen to the last part of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' Start with 'Run like Hell' just because it sounds so good on ML's...then let it progress to the meat of the matter... In all my years of judging, I've never seen before someone more deserving of the full penalty of law

Goodbye cruel world it's over Would, would you like to see Britannia Rule again, my friend?...Have I been guilty all this time?

Craig,

I think everyone knows you detest HRC. Any other thoughts?

Best,

Gordon

I have a buddy at work that thinks the same about the college. I used to think that as well. But over multiple elections I have re-thought my position. I don't know if you noticed but this country seems to have regional thinking. We have states flying the confederate flag. Let's suppose those states were California and New York. Trying to get candidates out of California , New York , and Texas would be a challenge. The longer they stay the more votes they would get. I just think it evens the map out a bit from a regional perspective. I understand your point - I just think they got this right as our regional differences shouldn't control policy in my opinion. And I think that is what might happen if it was dumped. My opinion of course

I get what you are saying. But I think all citizens should have an equal voice in who our president should be. My vote should count the same as anyone else's vote. But that's not the way the system works. If you are a conservative in a deep blue state or a liberal in a deep red state, the simple fact of the matter is that your vote doesn't count. It really doesn't matter whether or not I vote for President at all, because where I live my vote doesn't count. And we wonder why voter participation is so low. How many people don't vote simply because they don't perceive that their vote will matter? And honestly, if certain regions have more people overall, why shouldn't they have a greater say in who the president should be? To me the argument about regional differences just doesn't outweigh the argument that every citizen's vote should count equally. Your vote shouldn't cease to matter simply because of where you decide to live.

Rich, while true, things can change ......Look at my state, Pa. While some consider it a 'battleground' state it had up until last Tuesday voted Democrat for the six previous elections. Now New York with it's humungous NYC contingent, that's another story.

The fact is that I live in a state that is so red that my vote will never have an impact.

Trump was given a 99.6% chance of carrying my state. So neither Trump or Hillary wasted time here.

If I were in FL, NC, PA etc.. I would definitely feel like my vote mattered, but as it was it didn't matter at all.

If it were possible and you could choose one, would you have Obama serve another four years in office or would you have Hillary serve the next four? Adding up the pros and cons of each from my own political leanings, it's a very close call for me, but at first glance I think I would give the nod to Hillary. Multiple reasons perhaps why, but I think chief among them is that I know what an Obama presidency means from actual experience, I guess I would cross my fingers and hope that perhaps Hillary would look at Bill's presidency and might reach across the aisle more. Her lack of transparency, with the emails and stuff is very bothersome to me, but Obama hasn't been exactly like cellophane either.

Kevin, given what you posed I agree, even HRC would have been a 'change' and for the record one that I would have accepted without the need to sit in at a 'crying circle' !

Kevin, given what you posed I agree, even HRC would have been a 'change' and for the record one that I would have accepted without the need to sit in at a 'crying circle' !

Yes Dave. I don't get it either.

Back