Noob Help, Please!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUR

Reaction score
Brand new here, 'though I've owned a pair of Sequel's since 1989. They're used in a dedicated 2ch system in a library/listening room. On to the help topic...

I have a minor HT setup in the MBR I'd like to upgrade within reason - it is only a bedroom, after all... Currently using a Denon 2807 to power Take Towers with a Take connoisseur center - no rears, yet(?). I keep eyeing the Cinema centers and smaller ML mains. Will the Denon power these without problems? I remember slowly frying a couple of lesser amps on the Sequels before I worked up to an Aragon pre/power setup.

The room is ~15X20 with the TV/speakers along the long wall i.e. my listening/viewing position is ~12 feet from the speakers.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

Well, I looked up the Denon 2807 and it was spec'd for 110 watts at 8 ohms. This might be a little light for even the smaller MLs, but for HT only use might be ok. It should be fine, however, for the Cinima.

Why does everything have to be overpowered in the states??

2x 100 watts @ 8 ohms is easily enough.

For years I had a yamaha receiver @75 WPC drive my Aerius i speakers in my modest apartments over the years and that includes watching some movies here and there too. I now have 250 WPC with the Sunfire amp, but I never had any real issues with the yamaha power wise. But I never listened the speakers at really loud levels for long periods of time, so I suppose it all depends.

Erik

Why does everything have to be overpowered in the states??

2x 100 watts @ 8 ohms is easily enough.
Well, I did say it might be light ( ;) ), and that was due to the size of the room. 15x20 is relatively large and he may want a bit more to 'fill' it for home theater.

Thanks for all the replies! If I interpret correctly, the Denon will be OK, provided I'm not driving the speakers at high volumes for extended periods of time. I'm also inferring that you all are thinking in terms of Aeriuses or Claritys, which was my thought, as well (coupled with the Cinema center).

Ken

It's a good amp. 110 WPC and you can always upgrade to a better 2 channel amp for the mains and keep the current receiver as a surround processor/pre-amp.

good luck!

Erik

Latest posts

Back