No Posts since Saturday afternoon?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB300

Reaction score
We all must be sitting at home listening to our wonderful ML Speakers :D

Last edited:
Winter activities:

Stereo
Movies
Bar
Billiards
Darts
Shovel snow

Summer Activities:
Yard work
Fix things outside the house
Drive the old Porsche
Fix the hovercraft/boat/jet ski
Operate the hovercraft/boat/jet ski
Put the dock in or help a friend do his
Fishing
Drink with friends
Golf
Golf
Golf
Graduations
Weddings
Car shows
Fireworks (not me)

Conclusion: I may un-plug my speakers until fall, did that the year we painted our house. :mad:

Too busy ripping all my CD's to .flac files, and playing them via my Squeezebox2. Tres cool!

busy. . .

Been busy doing loads of stuff - since Saturday am, I've been working in the garden, chilling in front of the MLs and spent a couple of hours flying just for the sheer hell of it.

It's 22:30 over here now, so it's time to get some rest!

Cheers.

David

Limited Posts

Well...being that its 85+ deg with high humidity in the metro Detroit area, I've sitting in the backyard shade watching my kids play on the slip-n-slide for the last 4 hours.

As much as I like my ML's, I do have priorities. ;)

Although, I was able to swap out my old Adcom 555II preamp for my new PS Audio PCA-2 and got a few minutes of listening while the 11 month old was napping until the neighbors stoped by. :rolleyes:

Busy working this Sat and Sun not to mention doing yard work but still found time to make a trip to my favorite local audio dealer to buy 4 vinyls, a Soundstring power cord and take home a loaner tubed ASL Mini Phono preamp to try out with my new all Electrocompaniet system driving Cremonas, Aeons, or Ascents (depending on my ambition and energy to pick up and move speakers around).

That was a long sentence but through all that, I still managed to pay a short visit to the ML Owners web site. Some day I'll find the time to actually post photos of my 2 channel and HT systems on this web site. Gotta go now because I have to start my Monday at 0400 hrs.

Between the yard work (seems to be a common thread) and my wife's merciless weekend social agenda I have barely had time to do...well, anything that I want to do.

It's just as well. My "Media" room is being remodelled (adding paint, walls and doors) so my forlorn SL3's have been in the corner covered in plastic. I can barely take this seemingly hopeless separation.

Also having the carpet ripped out of most of the house and having laminate installed (which is another reason why I haven't upgraded my components nor gotten an ML center yet).

I spend my spare moments trying to convince the wife of the virtues of a ML Cinema or Theater and talk about how much I miss my SL3s. I don't know why I waste my time because she'll never understand. Anyway, when the money is right and a good deal comes along I will probably just go for it and get an ML center. When the package arrives (surprising the wife of course) I know I will be spending a few days in the doghouse. It happens every year.

Well this year may be different. She can't wait for the Media room to be finished so I will shut up about my SL3's and go back to sequestering myself away from the family.

By the way, Kruppy, I got you beat. I have two 15 month olds and they have just learned how to bite! Ouch!!!

Last edited:
socialxray said:
By the way, Kruppy, I got you beat. I have two 15 month olds and they have just learned how to bite! Ouch!!!

Not so fast xray.... ;)

I have an about to turn five year old, a three year old (both boys) and an 11 month old girl. The five year old just finished up soccer. In addition both boys just finished up swimming lessons this weekend. I've barely touched my outdoor spring/summer clean up duties. I'm up every weekday a 4 am to workout and in bed by 9pm every night so I'm coherent at work (trying to drop a lot of unwanted weight, 28 lbs and counting!). I'm lucky if I can squeek in an hour or two on the weekends to listen to music during the spring summer months. Oh yeah, and the little girl is very fond of giving us the raspberries...while she eats. Nothing like being bespeckled with finely ground peaches and oatmeal. God...does baby food peaches ever stink.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, my wife does not undersand my obsession with MLs and stereo equipment either. I'm currently in the dog house for upgrading my Preamp (got a fantastic deal on a PS Audio PCA-2 directly from the factory). Had to do it. I've got upgraditus really really really bad to the point that I'm wondering if my kids are going to be able to go to college. :D

Last edited:
Kruppy said:
Not so fast xray.... ;)
I have an about to turn five year old, a three year old (both boys) and an 11 month old girl. The five year old just finished up soccer. In addition both boys just finished up swimming lessons this weekend.
You both have it made with the young ones...wait until they get to be a pair of teenagers like me. Then you wish you were back to the time of early bed time, time outs, they actually listen to you, etc. Now my teenagers just argue back about things, eat all my food, want the car, need money to do things, use my stereo money for their college funds...

But then again, ask me if I miss the dirty dipers, spitting up, standing there peuking all over the place, crying during the middle of the night....not one bit...

Does it ever end? No....but we love them dearly..

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, my wife does not undersand my obsession with MLs and stereo equipment either. I'm currently in the dog house for upgrading my Preamp (got a fantastic deal on a PS Audio PCA-2 directly from the factory). Had to do it. I've got upgraditus really really really bad to the point that I'm wondering if my kids are going to be able to go to college. :D
Stand in line...I am in the same position as you with my new Amp purchase.

Wife: "Why did you need a new amp? The old one was still working....right?"

Me: "Becuase it is a deal that I could not pass up on and it being a piece of equipment that I thought I could never own especially at the price I got it for"

Wife: "And....?"

Sound familiar? :eek:

Dan

This is a funny thread... Maybe the next topic can be pictures of our wife and children.

SugarMedia said:
This is a funny thread... Maybe the next topic can be pictures of our wife and children.

Pictures...oh boy...I hope we're not all married to the same wife, because it sure sounds like they're all the same person. :D

I've been on vacation in Europe for the past 2 weeks and just came back home last Fri.

First thing I did was plug the system back in and let it play some music. WOW the sound was amazing IMHO. :D Being away from home and not listening to what you have at home is an eye opening experience. Even with the tubes not fully warmed up and the amps still cold, it sounded so real and musical to my ears. Europe was amazing but coming home and listening to your own system (after being away for a while) is a jaw dropper. You know that feeling when you think your system just doesn't sound right.... Don't listen for a few days then go back!

I've got another 4 pages to look through the form since I didn't get a chance to get online over there..... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back