$ No Object - Could Have Only One Component In Your System - What Would You Choose?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
I have been researching so long and hard lately from Speakers to Sources to Peramps and Amplifiers and of course Cables... Anyway I was just wondering what folks here would replace if money was no object. What one component would you replace? As for me I would acquire a high quality source. Probably the Zanden three piece set for $43,000.00.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/zanden3/digital.html

Zanden 2000 & 5000 DAC's are very cool... ;)

:confused: But agian, what component would you acquire?
Just one now... :)

Attachments

• Zanden system.jpg
    Zanden system.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
As this is the ML club. . .

I'll pick the VPI HR-X w/JMW 12.6 arm and the Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua cartridge.

Attachments

• VPI_TNTHRX_side.jpg
    VPI_TNTHRX_side.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
For the cd playback portion of my system, I remain highly interested in what differences a transport would make. If dollars and sense (pun intended) need not be considered, I would like to try the 47 Labs PiTracer in my system.

Zip3kx07 said:
I 2nd that. :D

Yup... I looked at his room again and it is gorgeous!

How can anyone deny this room for their ML speakers??
73832461.jpg

73832448.jpg

If I could have 1 thing, the room would be it, period.

Joey_V said:

From the looks of the acoustics of the room and the rave reviews. I would say the room is so good it could even make Bose sound good, and that is an accomplishment.

A pair of fully restored McIntosh MI-200 amplifiers! :D

Attachments

• 238703575.jpg
    238703575.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 285
Let's see, what one component would I really want if there were no cost constraints...

A Martin Logan Statement E2x of course!

More better yet would a 5ch version of the Statement, that would trully be the $250K version of the cost no object component people on this board would want. :cool:

I'm sure for a quarter-mil, the factory would gladly ship a 5ch Statement to anyone with the right room to house it.

JonFo said:
Let's see, what one component would I really want if there were no cost constraints...

A Martin Logan Statement E2x of course!

I'm sure for a quarter-mil, the factory would gladly ship a 5ch Statement to anyone with the right room to house it.

For a quarter mil they'd ship it to any room, anywhere!
:)

Meridian 808i...

DavidG said:
Beat me to it (again). Best silver disc spinner on the planet.

Cheers,

David
David and DrJRapp,

I like the Meridian 808i, as well. That is, if I ever find the right deal, when I have at least $8,000 saved. I like the fact that Meridian 808i has a preamp veriable level control and some of the most awesome DAC's and transporter available... :D

DavidG said:
Beat me to it (again). Best silver disc spinner on the planet.

Cheers,

David

I need it to work with my speakers, the best readily available production speakers on the planet!

Ok I've made my decision. It wasn't easy but I think the Spectral DMA-360 monoblocks would be the one item I would add if $ were no option.

I feel that a VERY good amp should last me a lifetime, and thus would be a good investment ;)

dma360_big.jpg

dma360_1_big.jpg

Joey_V said:

73832461.jpg

73832448.jpg

WOW! Unreal.

Is that a screen coming down from the ceiling in the very front? If not, the room only lacks three things-- a quality large screen between those speakers, and two Sony G-90 CRT projectors mounted on the ceiling. :eek:

Dream On!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back