Newbie--

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SYHILLY

Reaction score
HI ALL,
I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST PAIR OF ML'S. I BOUGHT A DEMO PAIR OF REQUESTS IN GORGEOUS SHAPE.. THE SOUND HAS FLOORED ME. I HAVE NEVER HAD PLANARS BEFORE, SO THIS IS A NEW EXPERIENCE.. I AM PUSHING THEM WITH VTL MB125 MONOS AND AN AUDIO VALVE EKLIPSE PREAMP..I AM HAVING A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH ONE SPEAKER SEEMING TO BE A BIT LOUDER THAN THE OTHER. I HAVE SWITHED THE SPEAKERS AROUND AND THE SOUND DOES FOLLOW THAT SPEAKER, SO I ASSUME THAT THERE IS A DUST ISSUE OR SOMETHING ELSE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

:welcome:

I'm sure you'll love the Requests.

However, I think we'd also very much appreciate it if you WOULDN'T USE ALL CAPS WHEN YOU POST. ;) Thanks.

Sorry about the caps! thanks for the welcome.

Hola Syhilly...one of your panels is weak than the other, could be one possibility, another could be the power supply...you have to change the stat panels the left for the right side, is the problem persists at the same speaker, you have a faulty power supply. If the panel is still the weak one, you have to give the shower treatment first,:musicnote: ..happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Do you know Dudley? If you don't, he's another Eklipse fan (along with his friend Bob Reina) who lives in NY. He runs Nola speakers driven by an ARC VT 100 II. MLs sound great with tubes. Glad to have another voice in the choir!

replace them ! If you indeed buy them from a dealer ( its hard to imagine they are better than 15 years old, have them replace the new panels). If not cough up $700.00 for new ones and be done with it. They are great speakers when running full potential.

By the way Welcome and good luck !

Thanks

thanks for all your help. I am going to try the shower test to see if it will help. If not i will splurge for the panels.
I love my eklipse preamp, the sound is liquid with my vlt monos.. my main source of music is vinyl. i have a music hall mmf 7. would like the vpi, working on my wife..Thanks to all for your warm welcome.

Thanks

:bowdown: thanks for all your help. I am going to try the shower test to see if it will help. If not i will splurge for the panels.
I love my eklipse preamp, the sound is liquid with my vlt monos.. my main source of music is vinyl. i have a music hall mmf 7. would like the vpi, working on my wife..Thanks to all for your warm welcome.

Back