Newbie Question...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

700Sundays

Long time lingerer on the forum...first post.

First, thanks to everyone for their informative and helpful discussions. I've really enjoyed the read. I apologize beforehand if this issue has been previously addressed. I'm new to stats. I purchased a pair of new clarities about four months ago. They are great...well at least to my ears. I'm afraid to listen to the higher line of mls for the fear of wanting to upgrade!

Back on track...I'm not sure if this has always been there but a couple of days ago I noticed a soft, clicking, static coming from my left clarity but only from a portion of the panel, just above the woofer. It is audible from within 6-8 inches but there nonetheless. I've read in the manual and also on one of the older threads that the occasional popping or static sounds are normal on stats. But is it normal to hear it only from a portion of the stat panel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ps - I've already tried the vacuum cleaning.

700Sundays said:
Long time lingerer on the forum...first post.

First, thanks to everyone for their informative and helpful discussions. I've really enjoyed the read. I apologize beforehand if this issue has been previously addressed. I'm new to stats. I purchased a pair of new clarities about four months ago. They are great...well at least to my ears. I'm afraid to listen to the higher line of mls for the fear of wanting to upgrade!

Back on track...I'm not sure if this has always been there but a couple of days ago I noticed a soft, clicking, static coming from my left clarity but only from a portion of the panel, just above the woofer. It is audible from within 6-8 inches but there nonetheless. I've read in the manual and also on one of the older threads that the occasional popping or static sounds are normal on stats. But is it normal to hear it only from a portion of the stat panel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ps - I've already tried the vacuum cleaning.
Hola and welcome. Yes, it is normal and correct. Disconnected it from the power supply over night sometimes helps. It is a dust debris that it is causing the noise. With an aid of a 3" paint brush, you could clean better exact where the noise is produced. You could mark first with a small piece of masking tape at the panel, then disconnect the power supply and then proceed with the brush next day. All electrostatic speakers could do this odd noise once and then...and as it came, it will go away. Yes I know, sometimes it is so loud that we hate it!...happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks Roberto!

I enjoy reading your informative posts.

700Sundays said:
Thanks Roberto!

I enjoy reading your informative posts.
Hola...it is good to have you here and to share all what we like most...music through our MLs...happy listening,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back