New Xstat Pannel for Older ML Speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
If I had the cash, I wonder if it would be economically viable or possible to send my Ascent i's back to ML, to have the pannels up graded to the new Xstat pannels? Could older ML models like the CLSiiz speakers be up-graded to new Xstat pannels? I wonder if it would be cost prohibitive or what the cost would be? If it was possible... Does anyone know?

That would be really cool if they made a cls sized panel with their new technology. But I would doubt they could afford to do it unless they were to build a new version of the CLS.

I was talking to my dealer about this in the sense that once you own Summits the only way up is to Statements which is way the heck out of the ball park. It would be nice if they made something a step up as a pure panel without cones......Steve

Robin said:
If I had the cash, I wonder if it would be economically viable or possible to send my Ascent i's back to ML, to have the pannels up graded to the new Xstat pannels? Could older ML models like the CLSiiz speakers be up-graded to new Xstat pannels? I wonder if it would be cost prohibitive or what the cost would be? If it was possible... Does anyone know?
Hola chicos...it is my dream also...but the new tech. of panels makes our own crossovers and tone-shaped circuit to be obsolete and they need to be re-designed...why?..the new stat panels are more efficent than ours, and won't work...we will have more mid-range and highs than bass. It is not an easy task. Regarding the CLS...I asked why not, due to we don't have woofers to deal with...and have not got any response from them yet...perhaps for CLS owners we might have the new tech...I hope they will be available for us...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

I have asked Jim P on two different occasions about putting the new X-Stat panels in the CLS and he said it would be extremely involved and not cost effective. He also said at that time there was no plans to do it in the future but things can change.
My take on it is no it will not be done.

Jeff :(

Jeff Zaret said:
I have asked Jim P on two different occasions about putting the new X-Stat panels in the CLS and he said it would be extremely involved and not cost effective. He also said at that time there was no plans to do it in the future but things can change.
My take on it is no it will not be done.

Jeff :(
Hola Jeff, he told me the same thing...I was just dreaming...happy listening my dear friend,
Roberto.

Back