New Vistas - Very Exciting !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveiz

Reaction score

We just bought a pair of Vista ESLs to replace our old and beloved SNELL Type Cs in our Home Theatre! I've alway had this "Audio fantasy" of listening to and owning Electroststic speakers!

:music: It's very exciting as the Vista(s) breakin and the sound reveals more and more detail. It is much fun listening to SACDs and DVD-audio discs and some older CDs as well!! And Blu-ray and HD-Dvd Movies are wonderful !:rocker:

Of course, Now we want to replace our fine SNELL XA 55cr centre channel speaker with the CINEMA i centre channel speaker. We'll be saving up for that and WE WILL get it, Someday.

Anyone else "out there" that's listening to sound on the Vista(s) or might have the CINEMA i ?

Steve

Congratulations on the new Vista's. I bought a pair back in March and have not been disappointed. I have a Cinema (not i) center channel with mine and I think it is a very good combination. That still doesn't keep me from wanting to upgrade the Cinema to a Stage however. ;)

Chuck

Welcome, Steve. I think you will love the Vistas but I bet it is a different sound than the Snells. I am a long time owner of a pair of AIIIis-actually my son in law has them now- and used to listen to C's at my dealer when I lived in NH. When the ML club took its sojourn to Acoustic Sounds recently Chad Kassem had a pair of Snell A's in his office-too cool!

You will enjoy all of your music and movie collection just like it is new again! The ML's are just AMAZING!

i second getting the stage! i hope you enjoy those vistas. i'm still trying to decide on whether to get the vistas or vantages myself!

Welcome, Steve. I think you will love the Vistas but I bet it is a different sound than the Snells. I am a long time owner of a pair of AIIIis-actually my son in law has them now- and used to listen to C's at my dealer when I lived in NH. When the ML club took its sojourn to Acoustic Sounds recently Chad Kassem had a pair of Snell A's in his office-too cool!

Thanks for the welcome,Tony. Yes quite a bit different sounding than the Type Cs !! The Vistas are just now starting to break in a bit and the sound is beginning to even out some.
Actually, I first heard the Type "A"s at a friend's house(long ago back in the turntable days!). At that time, they were the most incredible sounding speakers I'd ever experienced! I really wanted a pair of those. Then, later,as a member of the Boston Audio Society sometime in the late 70's, we took a tour of the Snell factory and met Peter Snell. He provided a wonderful demonstration of the "A"s and a prototype version of a Type "B" (Woofers on top and tweeters below with a "ramp" splitting the tweeter protruding down to the floor). Very cool sound! I don't believe he ever marketed this version. Anyway, about 4 years latter, continuing my work as an audio engineer at the Boston PBS station, I met Peter again to purchase Type "A"s for the film department mix room. At that time, Peter offered to sell me Type "A"s at factory cost (whenever I could could afford them!). Unfortunately, as we know, Peter Snell passed on in 1984. About a year latter, I was able to purchase the "C"s from one of Peter's associates at the factory. I remember at that time their factory cost was about the same as the Type "A"s were originally !!

We look forward eventually to securing a Cinema i for our Home Theatre centre channel and maybe soemday the Script i s for the surrounds !!
( Dream time !!!).

Last edited:
:welcome: Steve!

This is indeed exciting!

Joey

:rocker: Thanks for the welcome Everyone !!!:rocker:

I really appreciate it. These Vistas keep gettting smoother and smoother! There just isn't enough time to listen to everything ! But what I have gone back to is pretty much like hearing it for the first time !!

:rocker: Thanks for the welcome Everyone !!!:rocker:

I really appreciate it. These Vistas keep gettting smoother and smoother! There just isn't enough time to listen to everything ! But what I have gone back to is pretty much like hearing it for the first time !!

Welcome to Vista club Steviez!! With the right combination/setup, it's one heck of an awesome speakers!!!

:welcome: Steviz.
Why dont you post your system

here

My system is pretty much a mis-mash of components!
The front channel Vista s are powered by a B&K 125.2 S2,
The Snell XA 55 is powered by a B&K ST140,
side speakers are Norberg s powered by an ART SLA 2,
the rears are small KEF s powered by a Sony N110
Panasonic DMP-BD 10A Blu- ray & A1 Toshiba HD-Dvd
& Pioneer DV-563A for SACD + DVD-audio
almost forgot: Anthem AVM 20 Pre/Proc
Our Monitor is the Sony VPL-VW50 Pearl with a DaLite screen
and we have the HR10-250 DirecTV box

Last edited:
My system is pretty much a mis-mash of components!
The front channel Vista s are powered by a B&K 125.2 S2,
The Snell XA 55 is powered by a B&K ST140,
side speakers are Norberg s powered by an ART SLA 2,
the rears are small KEF s powered by a Sony N110
Panasonic DMP-BD 10A Blu- ray & A1 Toshiba HD-Dvd
& Pioneer DV-563A for SACD + DVD-audio
Our Monitor is the Sony VPL-VW50 Pearl with a DaLite screen
and we have the HR10-250 DirecTV box

Hola and Welcome Steveiz...your new Vistas are super good well balance sound speakers. Reading your system, I can imagine the fun that you are having with it. :rocker: Happy listening,
Roberto.:musicnote:

Back