New to the Ml club

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sunil

Yesterday I got my new Stage to go with my Vantage. So far sounds very good. Looks to square though.

Welcome aboard. What are the positives and negatives of the Stages?

Last edited:
Welcome welcome!

The squareness is part of the look... you'll come to appreciate it more and more as time goes along.

Do you have 4 Vantages and a Stage? Is this your HT?

yogibear said:
Welcome aboard. What are the positives and negatives of the Stages?

So far it is too early to judge but first few minutes of listening was a pleasure. I am sure my experiance will continue to improve.

Joey_V said:
Welcome welcome!

The squareness is part of the look... you'll come to appreciate it more and more as time goes along.

Do you have 4 Vantages and a Stage? Is this your HT?

I have 2 Vantages, a Stage, 2 Frescos, 2 Vignette and Depth SW driven by old Denon 5800.

Alright... lets move up the amplification ladder... those Vantages deserve far better. Though the 5800 is a monster of a receiver, a good 2 channel amp is what the Vantages really deserve.

Though, you can probably hold off on that until your wallet heals. Nice setup.

Joey_V said:
Alright... lets move up the amplification ladder... those Vantages deserve far better. Though the 5800 is a monster of a receiver, a good 2 channel amp is what the Vantages really deserve.

Thanks.
I do have Denon 5200 Pre Amp. puts out 125W per ch. What do you think about that for now? what do you recommend besides that?

Depends on your budget.

You dont need to upgrade all channels, just the stereo channels to start off with (or end with).

Above 3K? Lots of choices - from the Mark Levinson 333/334 to the Plinius SA-102 to the Parasound JC-1 monoblocks, lots of Krells and Classes to choose from too. I'm not a tube guy, so others can chime in on tube amp recommendations.

Below $2K? You have quite a few choices too... from the Rotel RB1090 and Parasound A21 to the Mark Levinson 331, or a Plinius SA-100. There are more that I havent mentioned.

Joey_V said:

Welcome to the club!

Just so you know Joey has a disease called Upgraditis that apparantly

not only applies to his system but others as well :)

Hmmmm.... How many days DID Joey have those Vantage speakers before he switched to the Summit??? :D

Munster said:
Welcome to the club!

Just so you know Joey has a disease called Upgraditis that apparantly

not only applies to his system but others as well :)
Ya, I was about to say he’s not the only one with upgraditis.

You all know I got a Ps Audio P1000 power plant last month, well a brand new P500 power plant showed up on my door step last night. So far my projector loves it. :D

Back