New to the Martin Logan Club!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
I just came back from Tweeter and picked up my first pair of Martin Logan speakers. I just bought the Mosaics for a good deal - $1098 and I am completely happy with how they perform!

I have gone from Klipsch Promedia 4.1 computer speakers -> Yamaha no-name cheap $100 floorstanders -> Axiom M22 -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> ML Mosaic

I am powering it with a Rotel RB1070 stereo amp and the results are gorgeous!! I have the lower end anchored by an SVS 25-31PC+ subwoofer (www.svsubwoofers.com) but I like listening to music even without the sub on.. odd huh?

I must add that I am using this as my computer speakers and feel like I have come a looong way in putting a system with some power and grace. I have been in this game for 2 years now and at 23, I feel like I still have much to learn. Yet, 2 years ago, I had a 15 watt pc speaker that was by Altec Lansing that was 2.0 configuration and I thought I was living the life. My first subwoofer was part of a 2.1 computer speaker system 1 1/2 years ago with a woofer that measured 4 inches. :D

Enough about me...

I like how the Mosaics sound..... or atleast how they dont sound. Unlike any other speaker I had before, they sound the least colored (I know, a tough subject since who in here truly knows what neutral is supposed to sound like). The sound is open and the midrange flows uncongested. The bass is quick and dynamically transient while the highs are open and airy without being overly sibilant yet retaining the right amount of vocal "weight" to make certain vocals by Mariah Carrey, Norah Jones, and 50 cent seem palpable to the touch.

These speakers are excellent and I think I will stop my upgrading here.

I am in medical school and I will use these speakers to unwind from the daily stresses.

I am glad to be a part of your club and I hope to post my system in your gallery.

BTW, how do I get assigned a system number?

Last edited:
bargain

Joey_V said:
I just came back from Tweeter and picked up my first pair of Martin Logan speakers. I just bought the Mosaics for a good deal - $1098 and I am completely happy with how they perform!

How did you get 2k speakers for 1k?

I need to know before I go spend 2k.

Congratulations!

Tweeter is not selling the Mosaics anymore for some reason since most of their sales are with the Ascents and Claritys. These are floor models.

The brand new ones cost 1375$ - all out though.

There are 2 pairs left in Illinois Tweeter region.

Joey_V said:

Congrats on the new purchase of the Mosaics!!

BTW, how do I get assigned a system number?

You need to send a significant donation to all the members here on the site :D ...No just kidding. :)

Just go to the member system area, follow Tom's instructions on how to post your system along with pictures, and you will be given the next number in line.

Welcome, Joey V !!! And congratulations on your new Mosaics !!!

I've had mine a couple of months now and I have to say that I like them more now than the day I got them. Not only are they fantastic "right out of the box," they also "grow on you." As you become used to listening to them, and as they synergistically become an organic part of your system, you will begin to hear your music with new ears -- hearing parts of your favorite music as if for the very first time.

I guess you can tell that I'm totally in LOVE with my Mosaics . . . ;)

Again, welcome to the club. :D

Neshamah (Steve)

Joey -

As you become more and more aware of listening carefully, unfortunately you will uncover what a system lacks. (And just as unfortunately, they all do lack something.) If you can avoid the upgrade bug you're a better man than me. Somehow, most of us get bitten.

aliveatfive said:
Joey -

As you become more and more aware of listening carefully, unfortunately you will uncover what a system lacks. (And just as unfortunately, they all do lack something.) If you can avoid the upgrade bug you're a better man than me. Somehow, most of us get bitten.

Mauled is more like it!

Joey_V said:
Yet, 2 years ago, I had a 15 watt pc speaker that was by Altec Lansing that was 2.0 configuration and I thought I was living the life.

Fortunately, this is one area (like love) in which, if you think you're living the life, you are living the life. Also like love, you may start to notice imperfections over time, but my advice is never to doubt the joy you experience with what you have right now. I'm not saying never to upgrade; just don't think that joy is only accessible to those with the latest and greatest (especially since there never is a latest and greatest, but always something beyond). A hearty welcome aboard, and I look forward to seeing your system!

Joey V said:
These speakers are excellent and I think I will stop my upgrading here.

Hummm… I think I recognize this statement, I have said it a few times, but as time go’s bye the longer you listen to your system you will start to hear things that just are not quite right. That’s when you get the bug, you start changing things around, but bye time you are happy again your system is nothing like it was. Of chores changing things is half the fun. Try playing around with acoustics, a grate way to take a good system in to a grate.

Enjoy those Mosaics they are grate speakers. And welcome to the club.

Congratulations Joey V,

I am pretty sure once you finish school, you will have a killer system.

Regards, Transpa.

Transparent said:
Congratulations Joey V,

I am pretty sure once you finish school, you will have a killer system.

Regards, Transpa.

Yes hopefully something along the lines of the Summits. LOL...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!

I really do enjoy the Mosaics and I have heard so many - from the entire BW 7 series, Paradigm Signature and Reference lines, BW 8 series bookshelves, Sonus Faber Concertos/Concertinos, Polk LSi line/RTi line/Monitor Line/R line, Boston Acoustics bookshelves, Axiom M22, Onix Reference 1.... I am really glad that I stumbled upon these Mosaics.

I didnt even plan on getting them, I was at Tweeter and was returning the Sonus Fabers, and I just asked about the Martin Logan Mosaics for conversation purposes. The guy's eyes widened and he told me that the Mosaics are 549$ each... I was floored!

I drove 30 miles to another Tweeter that had them and listened for about 2 hours with my Demo CD (home made, hehehehe) and pulled out my checkbook and the rest is history.

I know what you guys mean by the upgraditis... you dont think I've been bitten before? LOL... look at my 2 year acquisition of audio products. Not to mention my $1000 headphone rig. Oy.... I should really start being stingy with audio.

After I get a power conditioner (Belkin PureAV), then a new DAC by Channel Island Audio.... I should be done.

:D

Joey,

Welcome to the club and congrats on your new purchase. You have come to a place where you will get the best and greatest "FREE" advice on high end audio that is available. We only ask one thing in return. Once you finish Med school, we want free medical advice in return. :D

Enjoy,
Mark

MarkNewbie said:
Joey,

Welcome to the club and congrats on your new purchase. You have come to a place where you will get the best and greatest "FREE" advice on high end audio that is available. We only ask one thing in return. Once you finish Med school, we want free medical advice in return. :D

Enjoy,
Mark

LOL....

I'll see what I can do.

Anyone here will get discounted care and lots of under the table benefits - like free samples and free visits!

Lol... you guys crack me up. :D

Joey_V said:
....then a new DAC by Channel Island Audio

I own one of these and I am very happy with it. Dusty does a great job of making a great sounding DAC that does not make one take out a second mortgage, sell the kids, etc. etc. :D Also, make sure to get the additional power supply with it instead of just the stock wall-wart.

Dan

DTB300 said:
I own one of these and I am very happy with it. Dusty does a great job of making a great sounding DAC that does not make one take out a second mortgage, sell the kids, etc. etc. :D Also, make sure to get the additional power supply with it instead of just the stock wall-wart.

Dan

I will be getting the extra PS.

It might take some time though as I want to save a little money... too much audio stuff lately. ;)

laugh.gif

"These speakers are excellent and I think I will stop my upgrading here."

You have it BAD! ...... can't say I blame you. ;)

Beat_Dominator said:
laugh.gif

"These speakers are excellent and I think I will stop my upgrading here."

You have it BAD! ...... can't say I blame you. ;)

HOLY CRAP! I never thought I'd see this thread ever again!!

I'm ashamed... :( .

Joey_V said:
HOLY CRAP! I never thought I'd see this thread ever again!!

I'm ashamed... :( .
Your first step toward recovery from audioholism has been taken ;)

Either that or he'll go out and buy some expensive cables or source components (even though he seems to love his SB3) to ease his pain.

Don't give up on me now, Joey...I've just bought my first case of "top raman" to start saving for my CLXs!!! You're my inspiration! All other things are secondary (especially nutrition) when in the pursuit of the audio bliss :)

Back