New to the club and looking for advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTB300 said:
You as others have found out the same thing about Anti-Cables, nice at first and a simple concept, but there are better cables out there. All a matter of taste budget and price.

Dan
Hola Mark...and Dan you are right! My advise is as always: Trust your ears and keep what you like most. Expensive means only that...not necessary the best!
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

DTB300 said:
You as others have found out the same thing about Anti-Cables, nice at first and a simple concept, but there are better cables out there. All a matter of taste budget and price.

Dan

That’s more or less the problem with cables; there is no perfect one out there. I would be nice to say, here buy this one it has perfect bass, highs, and mids, with a sound stage that kills, but unfortunately that cable does not exist. All cables are flawed in some way you just need to try different brands to kind the one that less of a compromise to you.

Try these cables for your system:

1. Harmonic Technology Pro-9 Plus

2. Cardas Neutral Reference

3. Kimber Kable Monocle XL

4. Acoustic Zen Hologram II

5. PS Audio xStream Resolution

Use the Cable Company to audition these cables on loan:

http://www.fatwyre.com/FATWYRE/FATWYRE/fatwyre/speaker7_05.html

Artar1 said:
1. Harmonic Technology Pro-9 Plus

2. Cardas Neutral Reference

3. Kimber Kable Monocle XL

4. Acoustic Zen Hologram II

5. PS Audio xStream Resolution

Use the Cable Company to audition these cables on loan:

http://www.fatwyre.com/FATWYRE/FATWYRE/fatwyre/speaker7_05.html

6. Audioquest CV-8 with Jaguar interconnects.

abhijit said:
Why dont you try Transparent "Ultra" cable. I am currently using MIT T2 and planning to upgrade

I have looked at those on line a whole lot. Nobody close to me carries any for me to audition at home. I love the look and all of the reviews I have read about them have been positive except for the one done by "The Cable Guy" where he rips them open and exposes what is inside. It is his way of comparing to MIT. Makes me wonder if the MIT network boxes which are full of stuff, might just interfere with the true sound rather than help it. I don't think that was what he was trying to accomplish but the thought did occur when reading his write up on his web site. So many on here have advised to try Nordost that I think I am going to buy some off of Audiogon and try them out. If they are not what I want, I will put them back on Audiogon. Beat buying new. I was also thinking of buying the Transparent Ultras or even the References on Audiogon and auditioning them. Just going to take my time and listen, listen, listen.

Mr. MarkNewbie,

Thanks alot for the story re. Shanling CD player and it is very helpful.

Regards, Transpa.

Back