New to ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danman

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I found this site by accident and am very happy to know it exists.
I recently picked up a mint pair of Aerius i speakers that were rarely used. The person even had an extra set of panels (in there original boxes!) to go with them for some reason. I had them put on because the other ones smelled of cigarette smoke. I figured this would be a safe bet. They were stored in their boxes for the past 4 years and I could not believe they were 8 years old! I could not even find a small blemish anywhere. The best thing is I only paid 1000$ including the new panels which I found out were worth 900$ alone!

I am using a Cambridge Audio 840A to drive them and am awaiting their new Power Amp coming out in a couple of months. All things considered, the sound is quite impressive. I am still playing with the placement in my 18 x 12 room and I am sure it will only get better.

For me, this is my first experience with ML and Electrostatics and I am really blown away even though I have a rather modest system compared to some here. I was using Focal JmLab 926 before this and they do not compare! The Focal is a great speaker but my ears enjoy the ML's more!

I do have a question..............do you really vacum the panel from time to time to keep dust away? I have heard this but I want to make sure that I do not damage them. What about covers when not in use? Any advice concerning regular maintenence would be appreciated. I am rather particular and keep my stuff in mint condition. Thank you.

Cambridge Audio Azur 840A
Cambridge Audio Azur 840C
Martin Logan Aerius i

danman,
Welcome.
Nice score on the speakers!
Yes vacuuming is a good thing and it really depends on your environment. Some do it once a month and others do it less frequently. The thing to look for is the panel for small
dots" on the panel. This is basically dust particles. For me I have to put my face really close cause I do not see that well.

The electronics I would look at every couple of years and vacuum it also. I might clean the binding posts every 6 months to a year or so and again this depends on your environment.

You can not damage the panel by vacuuming unless you use a jet engine then I would think there would other issues in your house. :D

Jeff:cool:

Dan, Welcome to the Site. That's a great deal on the Aerius i, which will only make them sound that much sweeter. There is an incredible amount of information on this forum about caring for and tweaking your speakers. I encourage you to spend a lot of time using the search feature and browsing through old threads. Also, you can learn a lot by browsing through the member's systems. Have fun with it.

Thank you everybody. I will have a complete look at this site and inform myself of these wonderful speakers.
;)

Back