New to ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slofut

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Just aquired a pair of Aerius i. Panels don't seem to work at all on both. Should be an adventure, have many years in stereo and just finished freshening up a pair of IMF Mk3 studio monitors which may be in my top 5 fav speakers. Now to figure out how to disassemble these little logans...

There are a few threads about washing and trying different coatings, nothing really seems to work long term. There's a guy who refurbishes them rather effectively, search for Russ Knotts or check his website Home Page

Our DIY section has a few threads, but this one will give you the gist of what you are up against: Repanelling ML Clarity's

In general, if the current panels are not working at all, it typically because of (in order of likelihood):
  1. The connector between the ESL step-up board and the panel is loose, disconnected.
  2. The wires from the connector to the panel itself have become damaged, one or more wires detached from the panel itself.
    1. This can be tricky to spot, as the wire will look like it's connected, but there is no electrical bridge due to something pulling away or interfering.
  3. Something wrong with the AC supply to the ESL energizer board (broken 'music sense' circuit is a possibility).
    1. Jumper the music sense to force the power-up.
    2. Check for burnt diodes and other 'catastrophic electrical event' (e.g lightning hit) side effects.
    3. check the output wires are well-connected
  4. Something wrong with the high-pass XO or the step-up transformer is blown
    1. If you have a signal at the inputs to the transformer, and nothing on the output, it's fried.
  5. Someone took off the back panel with the XO / Energizer, and forgot to reconnect one or more wires. I'm guilty of this one once ;)

Back