New to ML Family

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamrocks

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Very excited to join the ML family. I have been fascinated with the MLs for 25 years, but never had the space, gear or overall opportunity to bring one home until now. I have always liked bipolars. My family room has the Definitive Technology BP 10s and my hybrid theater/music space has Mirage Omnipolars (love the sweet sound of old Mirage floor speakers). The ML setup will be in another part of my basement as a dedicated vintage analog music space. I listen to music in the background when I work from home. This setup would have a listening seating area, but also my office space will behind that area somewhat along the center of the sound stage.

I always liked the older and taller 90's style of ML electrostats and have recently acquired a pair of original ML Quests from an acquaintance who was the first owner. They are in perfect operational state, but would need some cabinet refinishing (a project I am excited to take on) and appropriate floor spikes. I am still in the early stages of experimenting my setup, placement, choice of amplifiers to drive them (I have three power amplifiers at my disposal to play with), and the way to optimize my connections. I want to take my time to set it up correctly, play with different configurations, and hopefully reach a combination that I am happy with. I will post specific questions going forward in appropriate threads. For now, I am just happy join this forum, be the novice in the room, and learn from you all.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us. You've come to the right place.
Keep us updated on your experimenting?:)

Hi, any updates? I/we would love to see a pic or two of your ML setup.

Welcome, there's a ton of great info in here and some very knowledgeable people.

If you're refreshing an older pair I'd highly recommend having a look at some of the modification/cleaning threads.

As a fellow DIYer I'd love to see what you end up doing with the cabinets.

Back