New Summits

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereoman

Reaction score
I've had my Summits for a month now, and for the first time I played that old war horse "Cantate Domino". I can't believe how beautiful it sounds. The integration of the organ with the choir is perfect. I've been listening to the selection Silent Night so much I'm beginning to think it's Christmas :confused:
A beautiful evening with the Summits ...

Attachments

• martin_logan_summit_night_small.JPG
    martin_logan_summit_night_small.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 339
stereoman said:
I've had my Summits for a month now, and for the first time I played that old war horse "Cantate Domino". I can't believe how beautiful it sounds. The integration of the organ with the choir is perfect. I've been listening to the selection Silent Night so much I'm beginning to think it's Christmas :confused:
A beautiful evening with the Summits ...
Hola...congrats with your new Summits...now you are discovering all your music again, you start to listening new instruments or better say, new musicians that where there for your ears, and now you can do it better than before, also try Jazz at the Pawnshop No 1 and No 2. ...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

BEATIFUL VIEW!!!

Love the Summits you got going there.... have fun with those babies! Remember, placement is everything with these speakers.

welcome to the board, nice view you got there (im biased as im your fellow torontonian neighbour). looks like a niie setup you got there. where did you get your summits from, if you don't mind me asking?

Anthony A. said:
welcome to the board, nice view you got there (im biased as im your fellow torontonian neighbour). looks like a niie setup you got there. where did you get your summits from, if you don't mind me asking?
Hello:
I purchased the Summits from Audio Excellence Yorkville in downtown Toronto. They let me spend all of the time I needed evaluating the speakers. I knew the Summits were the ones for me as soon as I heard them, but it took another 6 hours of listening to commit :eek:.

Hello Stereoman, as Joey said, "great view", inside as well as outside !! Gotta believe those Summitt's would sound even better if you can get them further into the room and away from all that glass.

oh yeah, i know them. i got mine from audio excellence in richmond hill. i think they used to be a franchise but no longer are together. enjoy the speakers...... what is the rest of your setup?

twich54 said:
Hello Stereoman, as Joey said, "great view", inside as well as outside !! Gotta believe those Summitt's would sound even better if you can get them further into the room and away from all that glass.

Thanks for your comments. I've been experimenting with the distance of the speaker from the window and toe-in. The Summits sound great wherever they're placed, but tonight I think I've found the optimum position with the top of the grill 33" from the window, and a slight toe-in. I place a large towel over the back of the TV to prevent the TV cabinet from resonating.

Sounds good , I suspect your corner "traps" help imensely.

twich54 said:
Sounds good , I suspect your corner "traps" help imensely.
More than most of us believe they do. Room acoustics is a new, unexplored field for most of us home audio-geeks. Recently I have used some Auralex panels and bass corner treatments with great success, and a very nice improvement in sound.

Dan

Last edited:
Back