New Summits on the Way

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOGANLOVE said:
Well I made a little change for the better...I am getting my Summits with the Clear Aluminum instead of the Black and will have them within the week, so no more having to wait for a month. It did come with a price though...1000.00 upgrade charge for the Clear vs. Black Aluminum (ouch!)

Post some pics when you get them, I would love to see an aluminum pair of summits. :D

That isnt the Regular Clear Aluminum... that's the Chrome Aluminum you're looking at.

This is the Regular Clear Aluminum:
ClearAluminumML.jpg

This is the REAL Chrome:
ML_summit.jpg

There's a BIG difference between the two - especially in person. Like I said, be careful with your order.

I've seen my dealer's price list... I cant find another US price list - but here is a UK price list that should reflect similar upgrades:

Finish options

Standard finishes: Black Alloy with Black Oak, natural Cherry, Dark Cherry, Maple. £8490.00
Optional Metal supplement: Clear Alloy + £390.00
Optional Exotic Metal supplement: Chrome, Black Chrome + £4250.00

Optional Exotic Wood Supplement: Birds Eye Maple, Wenge, Bubinga + £1950.00

Last edited:
Well, I have official word that the speakers will be delivered on the 16th of Feb, just two more days till the summits arrive. I am so excited. My equipment is ready to sing!!!!

LOGANLOVE said:
Well, I have official word that the speakers will be delivered on the 16th of Feb, just two more days till the summits arrive. I am so excited. My equipment is ready to sing!!!!

You luckey SOB. And I say that in a good way because I am jealous. :p

Enjoy them LoganLove, they are one grate speaker.

Yupyup! Enjoy and post pics!! Would love to see what your system looks like.... post in the member showcase section please!! :)

Joey_V said:
Yupyup! Enjoy and post pics!! Would love to see what your system looks like.... post in the member showcase section please!! :)
I will do that asap I am going out of town on Thur be back on wed next week so give me a week and I will post great pics of audioquest, krell, SUMMITS!!!

I need a drink .,, :confused: all these new speakers and systems and I haven't had time to listen to mine at all >>>>>>>>>.. :(

CONGRATS ON BOTH YOUR ACOMPLISHMENTS IN SPEAKER CHOICE :D

So here they are...

Attachments

• DSC_1329.jpg
    DSC_1329.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC_1332.jpg
    DSC_1332.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_1334.jpg
    DSC_1334.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_1337.jpg
    DSC_1337.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 202
They look great. Nice match with the Salamander credenza. So how do they sound so far? Too bad we didn't meet up when you were in town. Let me know when you're back in the area.

Loganlove-

They look stunning in your room.... really nice. The second photo you attached is the best picture I've seen of the panels, and I'm suprised at how clear and see through they are compared to the older panels.

Looking good Loganlove,

The summits in silver trim looks like it was the perfect choice, for you setup. I like how it accents the silver aluminum on the rack and the silver Grand Vega.

Thanks for posting it. :)

Thank you to all,
I will take more pics soon
Everything sounds wonderful. It should be broken-in in about a week.

Loganlove, My compliments on an extremely "clean" looking setup. Very tastefully done !! I trust it sounds as well as it looks !!

LOGANLOVE said:
Thank you to all,
I will take more pics soon
Everything sounds wonderful. It should be broken-in in about a week.

Congrats on the Summits. Wish the bright aluminum was available when I ordered mine. Don't be surprised if your break-in period lasts more that a week. Mine did not "come alive" for about a month. And I tried to listen to them every day. Good luck again.

aliveatfive said:
Congrats on the Summits. Wish the bright aluminum was available when I ordered mine. Don't be surprised if your break-in period lasts more that a week. Mine did not "come alive" for about a month. And I tried to listen to them every day. Good luck again.
It may take longer, but I am running them all day even though I am not there, I'm at work. But as I said I will at least run them 14 hours per day. That is a good break-in for all the gear.

Congrats, the clear coat aluminum trim works perfect with your furniture and TV. I hope you are satisfied, your setup looks great. I hope it is performing to your expectations. You should have many years of happy listening ahead of you.....Steve

a very happy listening...

hola Loganlove...I wish you a very happy listening and also I'm so sure that you will re-discover in your music, all the great musicians that are there, and perhaps didn't notice them, until your new Summits...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Here are a few more pics

Attachments

• DSC_1339.jpg
    DSC_1339.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_1341.jpg
    DSC_1341.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_1345.jpg
    DSC_1345.jpg