New Shawn Colvin Album

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
These Four Walls has just been released, yesterday I think. I previewed a song off her Website; so far so good! Has anybody purchased the album yet? I think I'll be getting one tonight no matter what.
Regards,
Ross

Who is she? :confused:

Okay. I had a listen. Sounds okay. I'm trying to find a pic of her to see if she looks as good as she sounds... :p

Last edited:
I found a pic. Not too bad...

Attachments

• ShawnColvin.jpg
    ShawnColvin.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Thanks for the head's up.

I still can get deep into "A Few Small Repairs" and after a few amber ales and late nights with soft lighting, that album coming through them Logans make me think that spending all the money was worth it.

A great artist!!!!

Tube60 said:
These Four Walls has just been released, yesterday I think. I previewed a song off her Website; so far so good! Has anybody purchased the album yet? I think I'll be getting one tonight no matter what.
Regards,
Ross
There I go.... quoting myself! :rolleyes:
I bought the album last night. That was a real milestone for me. It's the first album I've purchased since I installed my Sequels, and therefore the first new music I've listened to exclusively on MLs since Duran Duran's Seven and The Ragged Tiger album which dates me I guess! Shawn's delightful voice is as wonderful as ever. Her sweet feminine highs and her smoky low had me listening to the whole album straight through. The recording in general is excellent. Colvin's Steady On album is the only other album of hers in my collection, so I think it's time to get some more of her work!

Tube60 said:
There I go.... quoting myself! :rolleyes:
I bought the album last night. That was a real milestone for me. It's the first album I've purchased since I installed my Sequels, and therefore the first new music I've listened to exclusively on MLs since Duran Duran's Seven and The Ragged Tiger album which dates me I guess! Shawn's delightful voice is as wonderful as ever. Her sweet feminine highs and her smoky low had me listening to the whole album straight through. The recording in general is excellent. Colvin's Steady On album is the only other album of hers in my collection, so I think it's time to get some more of her work!

Try "A Few Small Repairs" an excellent album. ;)

I have a Shawn Colvin CD, it's the one where she starts screaming and another song has some swear words or lyric my wife does not like. Great CD but it's one which I can't play with my wife around, or I at least have to skip those two songs.

I'd buy another CD of hers.

kach22i said:
I have a Shawn Colvin CD, it's the one where she starts screaming and another song has some swear words or lyric my wife does not like. Great CD but it's one which I can't play with my wife around, or I at least have to skip those two songs.

I'd buy another CD of hers.

I have many of her cds, but I don't recall one which has those characteristics. Sure it's not Paula Cole?

aliveatfive said:
I have many of her cds, but I don't recall one which has those characteristics. Sure it's not Paula Cole?

Maybe you are right, I could of mixed the two up, sorry.

paulacole_thisfire_cd.jpg

CD_46758_196_195_.jpg

It must be that whole Field On Fire thing. I remember images pretty well, terrible with names. :)

Last edited:
I've got the Paula Cole CD. It's got some good music but is spoilt by some bad language. What is outstanding is the incredible low frequency energy on this disc...

edwinr said:
I've got the Paula Cole CD. It's got some good music but is spoilt by some bad language. What is outstanding is the incredible low frequency energy on this disc...

To paraphrase: "Where has Paula Cole gone?"

Back