New Reserve Line replacements coming Q1 2016

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCDude

Reaction score
Hello,

I just called Martin Logan and asked when the replacements for Montis, Summit X and Ethos is coming. I think I spoke to Dana but wasn't entirely sure since I didn't write down his name. He mentioned that they plan to launch Q1 of next year. He also said that is what he knows now but timing could change depending on many factors. I should have asked which models specifically and what are the changes but was too shocked that he even gave me this much info.

Anyhow, was about to pull the trigger on a pair of Montis for decent price but if they will be discontinued soon, should I hold back for better pricing? What are the typical discount that you could expect from a discontinued product? Would it be closer to 40% of retail or less? Also, what would you expect from someone selling used on a discontinued item?

I called Magnolia to get a sense but they said it is up to Corporate and they have no idea. Any help would be appreciated and I don't mind delaying my purchase to save some $$$

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I just called Martin Logan and asked when the replacements for Montis, Summit X and Ethos is coming. I think I spoke to Dana but wasn't entirely sure since I didn't write down his name. He mentioned that they plan to launch Q1 of next year. He also said that is what he knows now but timing could change depending on many factors. I should have asked which models specifically and what are the changes but was too shocked that he even gave me this much info.

Anyhow, was about to pull the trigger on a pair of Montis for decent price but if they will be discontinued soon, should I hold back for better pricing? What are the typical discount that you could expect from a discontinued product? Would it be closer to 40% of retail or less? Also, what would you expect from someone selling used on a discontinued item?

I called Magnolia to get a sense but they said it is up to Corporate and they have no idea. Any help would be appreciated and I don't mind delaying my purchase to save some $$$

Thanks in advance

Vistas went for about 2500 new at closing, 4300 new.

Will be interesting to see what design tack the next generation of ML products take. Will be realllllly interesting if the CLX survives or what design it morphs into next generation.

Though not of the Reserve line, the Theos needs replacing too. Never understood having the Ethos and Theos in the same line up, maybe Theos will merge with the ESL, creating more room for the Ethos replacement.

Last edited:
Surprised this thread does not get more action. Replacements for some of ML's big sellers is big news.

Surprised this thread does not get more action. Replacements for some of ML's big sellers is big news.

I guess because nobody knows anything.

There is little point converting oxygen to CO2 just for the sake of speculation and conjecture.

I'm headed to the CEDIA in Dallas and ML is there... I will see if there's something new.

So whats the latest on the new products?

Spoke to ML last week and they confirmed that the current Reserve Line will be replaced by the end of this year or very early next year.

However, they also confirmed that the CLX will NOT be replaced in the 'foreseeable future'.

Spoke to ML last week and they confirmed that the current Reserve Line will be replaced by the end of this year or very early next year.

However, they also confirmed that the CLX will NOT be replaced in the 'foreseeable future'.

Surprised they would not want to stretch it out over a couple of years. I see the Montis and Summit replaced by a single product, and the Theos and Ethos replaced by a new product, maybe the larger ESL Motion is the replacement.

Will the Masterpiece series replace the Reserve line?

Back