New product website

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
Just found this site.

http://sixmoons.com/news/news.html

Check out that $7,500 cary preamp.

http://www.caryaudio.com/products/audio/slp05.shtml
slp05_front.jpg

I've always liked that the top of the line Cary preamps exposed their tubes. I just took the cover off my GRAAF preamp - runs much cooler now.

Dare I drill holes in the top? :eek:

EDIT: Just found the review section - awesome.
http://sixmoons.com/audioreviews/audioreviews.html

Review list:
http://sixmoons.com/archivelibrary/audioreviews.html

Last edited:
I like, I like...

George,

Thanks for all of the great information re: Cary Audio. What a beautiful tubed preamp... :D
IMHO, I think, Cary Audio is just an awesome company... :D

Thanks again...

-Robin

And a few more comparable pre-amps

The $7500 price tag for this Cary is a bit rich for my blood :( But that is just me and not having anything against the Cary unit. I happen to be a big fan of Dennis Had, but there's a limit on the depth of my...wallet! I'm sure this Cary pre-amp is fantastic being a statement piece from Dennis Had. But if you're in the market for this caliber of units, here are several more you should listen to before emptying out your bank account:

deHavilland Mercury Preamplifier
Manley Labs 300B Preamplifier
Emotive Sira Preamplifier

I am sure there are others that I missed, but these are the ones on my short list prior to settling down with my ModWright SWL-9.0 which happened to fit perfectly in my budget. As you probably noticed, I tend to favor the tubes that are non-mainstreamed...

Spike

Last edited:
The Cary pictured above is a dream item, no doubt.

We can dream can't we? :)

The site has added a couple of items, one of them leads to Verdier (turntable & things) site.
slide1.jpg

UPDATE:
http://sixmoons.com/news/news.html

http://www.reddragonaudio.com/products.htm
ICEpower 1000ASP module providing 600watts
zebrawood%20monoblock%20copy.jpg

xab9989d9b7160b800aaa1251b561c14d.jpg

12/4/05: New Blue Circle hybrid integrated: The FtTH [$4,795] offers 95/125wpc into 8/4 ohms using two 6992s to drive an opamp output stage with true balanced signal like the 200 Series amps. A separate power supply "eliminates hums and mechanical noise from the transformers". Total filter capacitance clocks in at 180,000uF and optional features include a processor bypass loop, remote volume control and various colors and materials for the faceplate, cover and control knows. Dual Shallco attenuators are standard.

Funny looking speakers:
9.jpg

3.jpg

Blue Circle has gone wild...

kach22i,

Wow... Blue Circle has really gone wild... :D The FtTH is one gorgous hybird intergarted amp. Thanks for sharing, great photo's too... :D

Cheers

-Robin

I miss Gilbert!

Robin said:
kach22i,

Wow... Blue Circle has really gone wild... :D The FtTH is one gorgous hybird intergarted amp. Thanks for sharing, great photo's too... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Gilbert! Where are you?

My dream electronics are Conrad Johnson and more Classe!!!! :cool:

ml360

To clarify this a bit more I bought one piece used and one new. The preamp was used and is the Premier 17LS and yes I did it again last weekend as I said I wouldn't and traded in my existing amp on a new CJ MF2500A. All I can say is wow. every day it gets better and better as it breaks in!!

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
ml360

To clarify this a bit more I bought one piece used and one new. The preamp was used and is the Premier 17LS and yes I did it again last weekend as I said I wouldn't and traded in my existing amp on a new CJ MF2500A. All I can say is wow. every day it gets better and better as it breaks in!!

Congrats on the new acquisition! :D I came so close to buying a CJ pre. After reading you're post(s), I noticed a finger going slightly green. Could that be envy??? :eek:

Jeff Zaret said:
ml360

Jeff,

Congratulations on the MF2500A. I just got a PV14LS2 and MF2500A in October to drive my SL3s. The Premier 17LS was out of my price range, unfortunately. I think that CJ and ML is a match made in heaven. The two just complement each other so well. I'm thoroughly impressed with the 2500A's ability to drive the MLs so effortlessly (especially compared to my previous amp).

I got mine at Sound Factor in Encino. Did you get yours there as well?

revah,
Yes I did. I got both pieces there. I have known "Dr Jack" for almost 20 years and he is a great guy and very straightforward. The Premier 17LS was a trade in I got for almost 1/2 price. I know it would not last long there and it was something I had to get or would wonder.
The guy who traded in the 17LS bought the new CT6 which I think lists for $8500 and took very good care of his equipment!

This is where I heard the Summits with the CJ MF2500A, CJ Act2 preamp and a McCormack CD player. Sure sounded nice but way out of my price. The Act2 think is around $13k just by itself.

I would say that my system now does not sound that much different than what I heard. All the diferences are just subtle ones that are very easy to live with.

ml360 said:
My dream electronics are Conrad Johnson and more Classe!!!! :cool:

My current dream upgrades are:

Shelter 90x catridge
A really good step-up transformer
Upgrand my Clearaudio Champion turntable to Ulitimate Level

Jeff Zaret said:
revah,
Yes I did. I got both pieces there. I have known "Dr Jack" for almost 20 years and he is a great guy and very straightforward. The Premier 17LS was a trade in I got for almost 1/2 price. I know it would not last long there and it was something I had to get or would wonder.
The guy who traded in the 17LS bought the new CT6 which I think lists for $8500 and took very good care of his equipment!

This is where I heard the Summits with the CJ MF2500A, CJ Act2 preamp and a McCormack CD player. Sure sounded nice but way out of my price. The Act2 think is around $13k just by itself.

I've only known Dr. Jack since October, but so far, he's taken very good care of me. I originally bought a used CJ PV-10B preamp to go with the MF-2500A, but within days I wasn't satisfied with it. He gave me full credit for returning it, and a nice deal on the PV-14. After that, he was very helpful helping me solve my room resonance issues.

Funny you should mention the 17LS-CT6 trade in. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I overheard a conversation where a guy was saying he just traded up from a 17LS to the new CT6. He said it made the biggest improvement to his system than anything else he had ever done. I guess I'll just have to start saving my pennies!

I'm going back to Sound Factor tomorrow to pick up some items I ordered. I'm hoping to also audition the Summit or the Vantage while I'm there.

Sami

Sami,
They have the Summit but I do not think they have the Vantage yet.
You will be impressed. Tell them all I said hi or maybe I should just go there to hang out.
LOL

Jeff

Back