New Panels For Quests

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
after hearring these used Quests for a while ( with a realy bad panel 10 db down) , I showered them and rehooked them up , I was able to get a bit more out of them , enough to convince me that I wanted these speakers at full throttle,( the depth and image was far superior than the Maggies ), I talked to Jim Powers at Martin Logan and (a great guy) and orderd new panels, they will be here on Thursday, I can not wait to here these babies sing , like a newborn song bird

C.A.P said:
after hearring these used Quests for a while ( with a realy bad panel 10 db down) , I showered them and rehooked them up , I was able to get a bit more out of them , enough to convince me that I wanted these speakers at full throttle,( the depth and image was far superior than the Maggies ), I talked to Jim Powers at Martin Logan and (a great guy) and orderd new panels, they will be here on Thursday, I can not wait to here these babies sing , like a newborn song bird

Although I've never had direct dealings with him, Jim consistently gets good marks in discussions in this group. If anyone from ML is reading, that was a significant deciding factor when I recently bought my Ascent i (before the recent price drop). Because I was so close to the price drop, my dealer even managed to negotiate a refund from ML. That kind of service carries over directly into word-of-mouth and future sales.

C.A.P,
Congrats on the new panels. I know Thursday will not come soon enough. I have talked and emailed with Jim on several occasion and he is everything everyone says about him, honest, upfront and will do everything to help the customer.

SteveInNC,
Yes some people from ML, including Jim P, do occasionly drop in for a look. :D

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
C.A.P,
Congrats on the new panels. I know Thursday will not come soon enough. I have talked and emailed with Jim on several occasion and he is everything everyone says about him, honest, upfront and will do everything to help the customer.

SteveInNC,
Yes some people from ML, including Jim P, do occasionly drop in for a look. :D

Jeff :cool:
Hola C.A.P. I´m so glad that you talked with Jim...and now you know how great guy and the gentleman that he is!!!...
To change your new panels, just follow the directions that (all the new panels) are supplied with and you will start again to enjoy what we, here at the forum, are so happy and enjoying the transparency and right size of the instruments...the ML sound! Happy listening, and again, welcome to the club!
Roberto. :D

Thanks for the reinforcement , I will keep you posted as to the sound ,(Thursday night, ) , they will probablly need some burn in time !, the assembly of them up is not a problem, as I already had them off for a shower, and will have them striped and ready for new ones :D Also I will then be running the Krell with them in bi-wire mode as the Krell has true bi- wire posts on it :cool:

Back