New Pair of Motion 60XTi Question about bass response

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pea2

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a new pair of Martin Logan XTi60 paired with a Classe SA-200 200WPC AMP
The source consist is a Parasound P5 Preamp via a optical cable to my 65"TV and I am using a 48KHZ Redbook signal from Tidal
What I discovered: The M60's are way more efficient, and the sound stage is amazing. BUT The canons on the Telarc 1812 Overture is muddy not snappy or realistic in comparison to a pair of B&W CDM9NT and this surprised me as I loved everything else about the Motion 60's
Can this be fixed? Is there a crossover or driver replacement I can employ to get better bass from my M60's?
I also tried a more powerful amp BTW I have a Parasound Halo A21 rated at 400WPC @ 4 ohms and had the same results.

Welcome!

I've found that woofers need 50-80 hours on them to make a judgement. Early on they can be bass-shy. After 150 hours things are good.

How many hours are on the new 60XTi's?

Last edited:
Welcome!

I've found that woofers need 50-80 hours on them to make a judgement. Early on they can be bass-shy. After 150 hours things are good.

How many hours are on the new 60XTi's?
Yeah. If you are using ARC, I would redo it after they are broken in.

Ok have posted them for sale but will give them more time. I’m skeptical about breaking in. Those woofer drivers don’t seem to have the travel the others do under load.

Back