New on here, need help with fronts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ij1889

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is ivan.

I am a big fan of Martin Logan speakers. I work at best buy and get some pretty great deals on speakers. I have a motion 8 center channel and and for rears I'm using the motion fx. I love them!

I have a weird looking room and I'm turning to you on what to do in my fronts. To paint a picture, my front speakers are currently sitting on top of the base of my fireplace( which is 12 inches from the floor) and I can't put them on the floor as one of the walls near it has an aggressive angle. I can post pics if needed. Now, whatever I get will be pushed back against the wall as I'm limited to size. I also don't want anything above 36 inches tall as it would be to tall for my seating position.

I'm having a tough time deciding between 3 main speakers. The motion 20 floorstanding speakers, the motion 35xt, or even contemplating b&w 704 s2 as they are pretty small but don't really want to go away form Martin Logan.

I will be getting a 10" rel sub to go with my set up and also a marantz 6013 receiver.

I'm in dire need of help!!!

Thank you!

Here it is, any input would be great
825017e1e49b0c090b6206b6d990e568.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Ivan, welcome !

Given you placement situation I would be sure tweeter height corresponds with ear height at your listening position. With that being said perhaps you might look at a pair of Motion 35XT's and corresponding stands ? Depending on overall room volume adding a second sub would be wise.

Professor Jonathan (JonFo) will hopefully chime in, good luck !

That's what I was thinking, I'm just scared they don't have enough mid-range compared to the motion 20s or B&W, and that's why Im still uncertain. I haven't had a chance to compare them side by side.

The tweeter in the motion 20s and B&W would be located about 4-6 inches above ear level when seated, would this be that big of a impact if seated 7 feet away?

Last edited:
Back