New ML Descents i Depth i Subs Photos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
New Descent i to ship mid-late November, each with a host of new host of new features.and upgrades. Can you say 2100 watt Descent i s?

<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Attachments

• Descent i.JPG
    Descent i.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 671
New Depth i Photo

Here's a shot of the new rumble master. Rumored to have an amp that pumps 900 watts from the bottom. I'll need to get used to this new rounder shape. The older subs were great so it will be a tough act to follow. 'll have to hear the improvement for myself.

Attachments

• Depth i.JPG
    Depth i.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
THe Leather and Chrome Optioned Summit

This sounds sexy as sexy as it looks!

Attachments

• Leather and Chrome Summit.JPG
    Leather and Chrome Summit.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 711
They were from a PDF marketing flyer sent to the dealership. Not much info on it other than these new subs should be in the stores by mid-late November. I wanat a Descent i in Dark Cherry for Christmas this year. The older subs are great. I'm anxiuos to hear an even better ML sub.

The photo of the Summit is a black leather covered version with a polished frame. I like the looks, in a strange sexy dominatrix sort of way!

Descent i / Depth i and Summit Chrome & Black Leather...

Craig said:
They were from a PDF marketing flyer sent to the dealership. Not much info on it other than these new subs should be in the stores by mid-late November. I wanat a Descent i in Dark Cherry for Christmas this year. The older subs are great. I'm anxiuos to hear an even better ML sub.

The photo of the Summit is a black leather covered version with a polished frame. I like the looks, in a strange sexy dominatrix sort of way!
Craig,

The promising power boosted Descent i and Depth i sounds thrilling. I can't wait to audition them as well. Great photo's by-the-way... :D

I concur with you the Summit - at the Denver show was really looked sexy in chrome and leather. :p I have always been fond of leather and lace. IMHO leather and chrome is sultry as well as provocitve on the Summits... ;)

Robin said:
I concur with you the Summit - at the Denver show was really looked sexy in chrome and leather. :p I have always been fond of leather and lace. IMHO leather and chrome is sultry as well as provocitve on the Summits... ;)
I agree Robin - here's one more of my shots of it from CEDIA. Very sexy indeed.

Attachments

• Chrome&LeatherSummit.jpg
    Chrome&LeatherSummit.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 520
Tim,

You and your visit to hi-end shows..... how do you keep yourself grounded when you have been able to hear systems that are far better than most of us can afford?

Joey

Joey_V said:
Tim,

You and your visit to hi-end shows..... how do you keep yourself grounded when you have been able to hear systems that are far better than most of us can afford?

Joey

I was thinking the same thing...... ignorance is bliss..... IE, you don't know what your missing til you hear it. AND, once you hear it, won't what you're missing haunt you?

David Prall said:
I was thinking the same thing...... ignorance is bliss..... IE, you don't know what your missing til you hear it. AND, once you hear it, won't what you're missing haunt you?

I sure as heck dont want to go to any one of those shows....

You do know that the ML National Meet is a bittersweet thing for me? On one hand, I want to hear what the Statements can do... on the other.... well.... you know.

:(

Grounded Audio Wisdom, Prespective and Knowledge...

Joey_V said:
Tim,

Joey
Joey and David,

:) I really liked how Tim (MiTT) ansewered this very question on the other thread, well here's what he said:

Very good question Zip. Hmmm, I'd say no, not really, at least not at this stage of my life. I saw a LOT of equipment that I would really like to try out in my system, and that I would enjoy owning at some point in time. But each evening after the show I went home and listened to my music on my system and did not feel that I was lacking. This of course is based upon the reality that with my current income and at this stage in my life I can comfortably afford the system I've built for myself. In this regard I think Martin Logan offers the very best compromise (and all audio is a compromise of one sort or another) between preformance and price. I do not believe that I could get better sound for the money I have invested in my system, and thus am content to enjoy listening to hour after hour of music.

Now, if I won the lottery or something.... I could see myself checking out the mbl's, the Accapella's, the Kharma's, the JM Labs Nova Utopia's, maybe even the Escalante Fremont's. They weren't present at this years show, but I'd also consider the Avalon Edilon Diamonds. I can't ever see myself spending the $250K for the Marten Coltrane Suporeme's personally because I could have any of the above in a killer system and then do something real for the world like open a homeless shelter with the difference.

Today, I shall keep my system as it is and enjoy it. I'm putting some money away for the day that the CLX comes out though.

Personally, I think Tim has a lot of audio wisdom, prespective and knowledge, which are very admirable qualities. I aspire towards aquiring more of these qualities myself... :eek:

More Info on the new Descent i and Depth i.

ml-depth-i-descent-i-2.jpg

"At CEDIA Expo in Denver this month, Martin-Logan showed off their new improved Descent i ($2995) and Depth i ($1995) subwoofers. How are they better? Now they go up to 11. Seriously! Perhaps from one late-night movie-watching design session too many, they took inspiration from "Spinal Tap" and added an extra notch to their level controls."

Click the link for more info.
http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/martin-logan-subwoofers-go-to-eleven-886.shtml

martinlogan.jpg

http://blog.ultimateavmag.com/cedia2006/091406martinL/

Last edited:
Robin said:
Joey and David,

:) I really liked how Tim (MiTT) ansewered this very question on the other thread, well here's what he said:

Personally, I think Tim has a lot of audio wisdom, prespective and knowledge, which are very admirable qualities. I aspire towards aquiring more of these qualities myself... :eek:
Thanks Robin! :D I couldn't have said it better myself...

I mean it doesn't apply to just audio. We've all seen dream homes, dream cars etc. I don't have a problem with seeing or hearing these very high level exotica based systems. I don't mind reading reviews of unobtainable equipment, in fact I just don't get those types that send in letters demanding that their subscriptions to this magazine or that be cancelled because the magazine doesn't review "affordable" stuff, only the expensive stuff. It's all relative. Somebody can afford it, and if it advances the art then the long term benefits will migrate into things that can be afforded by others wheather it is audio, or cars, or homes etc.

I will always be on the look out for new things that will help me obtain more realism out of my system. I will continue to seek them out. But I know how to appreciate what I have and keep things in balance based upon my place in life at any given time. Were I an unmarried student with a certain amount of disposable income like Joey, I might have Summits like Joey. If I made 3 or 4 times more salary my system would be different than it currently is. If I won the lottery tomorrow, well...

Now those are nice photos. I really like how the placed the controls on the top hidden behind an access panel. Is that a lighted LCD screen or is just a light to shine through the ML logo? Probably the latter but it's still cool. Including a light to see the controls is another good idea. How come no else has done this yet?

Craig said:
Now those are nice photos. I really like how the placed the controls on the top hidden behind an access panel. Is that a lighted LCD screen or is just a light to shine through the ML logo? Probably the latter but it's still cool. Including a light to see the controls is another good idea. How come no else has done this yet?
It's for lighting the logo cut in the top panel.

Latest posts

Back