MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for about six months now and I think it is high time I registered and took part in some of these discussions. I have been very impressed with the quality of discourse on this forum and am excited to take part and add my 2 cents worth. A little about me. . . I have been a music lover all of my life. I have been a hi fi audio lover ever since I first heard a pair of Klipschhorns about 24 years ago. And I have been a Martin Logan lover since I first heard a pair of Prodigies (pushed by Krell and playing Holly Cole's "Train Song.")
My current system consists of a pair of Ascents, bi-amped with a Conrad Johnson Premier 140 stereo tube amp driving the panels and Outlaw Audio 2200 monoblocs driving the woofers, paired with a CJ Premier 17 LS-2 Preamp and Marantz SA-11S1 CD Player, and a descent sub. I hope to upgrade to Summits in the not too distant future. Thanks to everyone for such a great forum. Looking forward to many happy posts. :)

Rich

Rich said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for about six months now and I think it is high time I registered and took part in some of these discussions. I have been very impressed with the quality of discourse on this forum and am excited to take part and add my 2 cents worth. A little about me. . . I have been a music lover all of my life. I have been a hi fi audio lover ever since I first heard a pair of Klipschhorns about 24 years ago. And I have been a Martin Logan lover since I first heard a pair of Prodigies (pushed by Krell and playing Holly Cole's "Train Song.")
My current system consists of a pair of Ascents, bi-amped with a Conrad Johnson Premier 140 stereo tube amp driving the panels and Outlaw Audio 2200 monoblocs driving the woofers, paired with a CJ Premier 17 LS-2 Preamp and Marantz SA-11S1 CD Player, and a descent sub. I hope to upgrade to Summits in the not too distant future. Thanks to everyone for such a great forum. Looking forward to many happy posts. :)

Rich
welcome rich...you will find a lot of different tastes, but always is super good sound. ml is one of the few speakers on the marketplace that really shows easy the qualiy of your components, the kind of sound they produce and provide. i'm also a c-j freak. very nice and warm sound. happy listening,
roberto

Rich,
Welcome to the club.

I am also a CJ-fan and have the same preamp but a CJ SS amp.
Looking forward to you comments, suggestions,advice and opinions. :rolleyes:

Jeff :cool:

Ascent i, Descent, CJ, Marantz, Outlaw...

Rich,

:D Welcome to the ML Club!
Wow, your set-up sounds wonderful as is.... :D :p :D

It is good to have you here.

Robin, Jeff & Roberto,

Thanks for the welcome. I do love the sound of my Ascents driven through the CJ -- the detail and warmth is intoxicating. Jeff, I imagine the solid state CJ is also excellent. Robin, I am very happy with my setup right now -- it's wonderful. But I am about to get started building a new house and I have a home theater planned in. At that time I will upgrade to Summits, and do 5.1 channel and stereo.

Rich,
The CJ SS amp is very tube-like in sound and although I have not heard the Plinius I am sure they may sound simlar. If I my choice, I would get a tube amp with the Summits.

I would demo as many as you can and decide which "sound" you like best.

Good Luck

Jeff :cool:

Latest posts

Back