MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elroy Eckhardt

Reaction score
I have a pair of ML ESLs as fronts and a Stage X center. I also have 4 ML IW-6 surrounds in the wall and 4 Sony ATMOS up-firing units. There are two Klipsch 12" subwoofers. 7.4.2 system in 16 x 15 room.

Everything is driven by a Marantz SR-6014, except the two fronts which are driven by a Perreaux 2150B. I just upgraded the center from a ML Motion 8i.

I am very pleased with the system. I am mostly a classical music listener with the occasional Star Wars type of movie. Now that many classical recordings and streams have surround sound alternatives, having a great center is very important.

The book was correct that the center speaker is really important. I started using the Sony A9 screen as the center since it has this provision. It sounded like a great idea, but the sonic quality on music was poor. I then went to a Motion 8i which was a great improvement. The Stage X is a noticeable improvement over the 8i.

Latest posts

Back