MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for your input. You are the second person using isolation feet that mentioned being on a hard surface (the other was a hardwood floor). I'm sitting on a concrete floor, with a heavy carpet pad, and relatively thick berber carpet on top of that. Based on the reviews I've read, I'd really like to try them. Problem is the ESL 15's require the GAIA I, and at $600 for each set of four, I'm not quite sure whether I'll see that amount of benefit. I'm not in a huge rush as I am only beginning to find the right location, distance from wall, etc. I think once I am certain on the location, I will probably just spike them and see how I like that for awhile...
Hola,
To improve your sound quality, sometimes is what you said, the investment is high and the results are do I hear it or no? My advice is, for any change, let your ears decide. They are the final judges and your liking.
Happy listening!

What floor surface is best for sound? I'm going to guess carpet, but is there a type that is best? Low or high pile, density etc?
Robert,
There is no best surface for our rooms. We can cancel to not contaminate the outside with our music the outside, or we can protect our room from coming outside unwanted noise. But this will not make our rooms to be right for to listen to the music. Also, my liking might be different than yours, and vice versa. And also this is OK. There are bright rooms, and others are too dead.

The sound is logarithmic, in other words, it is very difficult to know how it is going to be, until you hear it. Standing waves and material in the room affects the performance of the sound. And the curves measured by the computers on these days, are made at only SPL. Different materials react different with the SPL. We use the dB as measure the intensity of the sound, but we forget the absorption factor, which the unity for it is the Sabin. This is the reason why it is better to have a listen first, and with patience and time, you can make your room the way that you want it.

I seek for what I do like...and how my Spanish classical guitar sounds...and how a piano sounds and so...
What I do is to hear the harmonic texture of musical instruments and voices, and take away the bad resonances that are not part of them. Your ML are capable to offer the most transparent and quality sound with outstanding realism.

Happy listening!

Back