New Member System

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asepguy

Reaction score
New member, new to ML, New house...

Recently moved into a new home where I finally have a room primarily for listening. It's not perfect, but better than anything I've had before. I plan to start tweaking the room with some treatment starting wit bass traps and going from there.

Speakers: ML ReQuest purchased used about 2 years ago. Not currently connected due to one of them having a muffled sound, working on getting that sorted out.
Speakers in use are vintage Definitive Technology BP2002. These were from the VERY early days of DT when Sandy had just started them up. They have active subs and are a di-polar design.

Amp: Wyred-4-Sound ST-1000, it was purchased at the same time as the ML's from a local vintage audio shop.

Pre-Amp: Proceed AVP (Mark Levinson) used for 2-channel only.

CD Player: Onkyo C-7030 honestly only purchased it so I could run the setup disk from Paul at PS Audio to work on speaker placement.

Phono Preamp: Cambridge Duo

Turntable: Technics SL-23 belt drive with Empire S2000e/iii cartridge

Once I get my speakers sorted and room treated I eventually want to upgrade the turntable to a VPI

IMG_9330.JPG

IMG_9331.JPG

IMG_9332.JPG

IMG_9333.JPG

Welcome and thanks for sharing- looks like a fun system. I see a lot of hard surfaces but appreciate you are in the set up phase. Congrats and have fun.

I've still got an old set of Definitive speakers in the basement. I think they are 1st gen. The floor standing are DR 1 model I think. Still sound good. I've got a center channel and rear bipolar speakers too. Those are from around 1998 or so.

Speakers: ML ReQuest purchased used about 2 years ago. Not currently connected due to one of them having a muffled sound, working on getting that sorted out.
Go ahead and start a thread in the main forum and we'll try and give you a hand at figuring this out.

Also, do a search on the site or via google to see if this has been covered before. For google Quest muffled sound site:https://www.martinloganowners.com/

Fresh room, fresh challenges - good luck.

I too have a collection of old equipment that I cycle into my system during repairs.

It is kind of fun, each piece has it's own personality.

Back