New Member Sequel II's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally did it! I've wanted Martin Logans ever since I first saw a friend's Ascents over 4 years ago. Back then I was still one of those poor lost souls that thought a Sony HTIB was as good as it got. Boy, did I have my eyes opened! Since then I've been working my way up incrementally and frugally. Almost all second-hand. But this week I finally took the plunge and bought a pair of Sequel II's being sold locally on eBay. And they did not disappoint! They sound amazing! When I first hooked them up I was immediately reminded why I started on this journey. The Boston Acoustic speakers these are replacing were perfectly respectable for what they are, but ML's are a whole different experience! Now all my friends, who have heard me talk about ML's for years but have never heard them, say they finally understand what I was going on about all this time. Even though the priority of this setup is home theater, I have spent the last 3 days just listening to two-channel music and loving it. Records especially sound amazing.

The next thing I want to keep an eye out for is a good deal on a Logos. Right now there is an odd mismatch during movies where the soundtrack and ambient sounds that come mainly from the mains sound very crisp and clear, and all of the dialog that comes from the center sounds much muddier (which I never noticed until now). After that I'll need a better amp. And then... it's always something! :D

Welcome to the club, from another Sequel owner! I think you're on the right track with the Logos. I have a Logos, and it is a perfect match for my Sequels.

When you get a chance, please post some pics of your system--we all LOVE looking at each other's gear...

--Richard

Latest posts

Back