New Member question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LWS

Reaction score
I am a very new member. I had a pair of Aerius i's and loved them. But a coulple of years ago my wife and I decided to sell everything (yes everything) and so we did a bought a huge RV and traveled for 2 years and are now back in a condo in Spokane. We had to start over on buying everything. Magnolia Hi-fi is no longer and I may be heading to Seattle to listen to the new ML's. I would like to get some impressions on the Purity and what you think? Thanks so much......LWS (Les):bowdown:

Hi Les and wife,

First off, welcome to the ML club.

Had the chance to listen briefly to the Purity at a Best Buy store in Milwaukee, WI a month or so ago. Of course, the speakers were not set up to really hear what they can do. Nonetheless, I was impressed.

Have the ML "house" sound and, given their relatively small size, retain the quickness and transparency to source material with a surprising "robust" authority in the mid bass / low bass area.

I assume you are aware of the fact that the speaker contains its own amplifier, which means you can run the RCA interconnects from your preamp or receiver output directly into the Purity.

IMHO, well worth your serious consideration with the caveat that your experience (as with all ML products) will be dependant on the quality of your "upstream" components, room size / acoustics issues, interconnects, etc.

Hope this helps and good luck.

GG

Thanks

Thanks and I do appreciate the info. Right now we live in a small condo but who knows we may end up in a much bigger house/condo. My concern now is that while we are here, because it is a smaller area, room placement of the speakers would be important. My concern is with the soundstage in a smaller living room? Thanks, Les

I envy what you did (although I wouldn't sell my hi-fi to do it!!). I want to travel around Australia for a few years.

Unfortunately I haven't heard the Purity so can't help you.

I envy what you did (although I wouldn't sell my hi-fi to do it!!). I want to travel around Australia for a few years.

Unfortunately I haven't heard the Purity so can't help you.

Thanks so much for the reply. It was not an easy decision to travel without the ML'S but we had the biggest RV that you could travel legally with (400 sq ft) but space wise it was tough and it did mean that I could still remain married without the ML'S. Having said that, we are still happily married and now that we are living in a condo I can now continue shopping. By the way, I would love to visit Australia and hopefully will some day....Les:music:

Thanks so much for the reply. It was not an easy decision to travel without the ML'S but we had the biggest RV that you could travel legally with (400 sq ft) but space wise it was tough and it did mean that I could still remain married without the ML'S. Having said that, we are still happily married and now that we are living in a condo I can now continue shopping. By the way, I would love to visit Australia and hopefully will some day....Les:music:

You mean that you "could" of kept the MLs if you had gotten rid of the wife?:eek: I can see where you had a real decision to make. hehehe

You mean that you "could" of kept the MLs if you had gotten rid of the wife?:eek: I can see where you had a real decision to make. hehehe

It is truly funny unless you face my wife in a small space. Having said that (I will do this quickly) she is a great lady and I do love her and I still get to shop for my new ML................:rocker:

Back