New member; new Aerius panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob1957

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, although not new to Martin Logan speakers. In the past I've had both Aerius i and Aeon i speakers used with a variety of Proceed, Mark Levinson, Krell and Meridian electronics.

I sold my Aeon's in December intending to purchase a pair of Meridian DSP speakers, but the model I wanted was promptly discontinued. :mad:

So I purchased a pair of bi-wire Aerius's to use until the new Meridian model becomes available. The Aerius's sounded pretty good, but not as good as I was expecting. A couple of weeks ago on a humid day, I noticed a smoky smell coming from the Aerius's. I thought that some electronics were frying themselves, but it turned out that the panels were gunked up from exposure to cigarette smoke. Yuk.

I ordered new panels, which arrived today along with new light oak side rails to dress things up. The panels have been installed - much easier than I anticipated - and the speakers sound terrific. :D An enormous improvement that I hope will keep improving as the new panels run in.

Old speakers get a new lease of life!!

Happy to be a member here.

Bob R.

Last edited:
I ordered new panels, which arrived today long with new light oak side rails to dress things up. The panels have been installed - much easier than I anticipated - and the speakers sound terrific. :D An enormous improvement that I hope will keep improving as the new panels run in.

Bob,

Now let that be a lesson to you! NEVER be WITHOUT Martin Logan Speakers!

Seriously welcome back home! You can't hardly beat ML speakers, especially the older ones on the secondary market! There just are so few speakers that can produce the kind of sound we all hold dear for the money! You have heard them at their best too w/ the kind of gear you have run through your speakers!

Glad you were able to give an old speaker new life too! That always feels good!:cheers:

hello from Costa Rica. Yes, cigarrette smoke does affect the sound of the panels. Avoid the smoke. If you or your friends are going to smoke, please go to the yard...also, keep in mind that the diaphragm of any ML weights less than the air the it moves...it is so light that this is the reason why you have such fast sound and all details and naunces comes allive. So cigarrette tar will add more weight to the membrane and will affect the performance of the stat panel. You have great electronics...I also have Proceed transport and processor. I wish you a very happy listening,
Roberto.:cheers:

Yep, these are definitely keepers. And I agree with you Roberto about the cigarette smoke. I don't smoke and don't allow it in my apartment.

Daniel, the panels cost $395 including the shipping and are worth every penny.

Thanks for the welcome.

Bob R.

Latest posts

Back