New member needs advise

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cmore

Hi to everyone, Placing my order for the ML Vista on Monday.
This is my first experience with this speaker and writing in forums. The question I have is will the Musical Fidelity A5
integrated amp and Sony scdxa9000es cd player be a good match in your view with the Vista's?

oooooohhhh yeah!

Though, I prefer (and will be getting) seperate components, you absolutely can't go wrong with musical fidelity.

I am using a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amp and CD player with my Aerius speakers and find it to be an excellent match. I checked out the Vista's in January and think they would mate extremely well with MF electronics. Good luck.

PS. Thinking of upgrading myself (again!)

We have used the MF/ML combo in the store before and it truly is a great match! If you can get the A5 CD player, it is a real gem as well!

Heard Summits through a MF A5 integrated and I thought it was superb... you're in for a good adventure through your music collection with what you got running there, buddy!

Enjoy!

Joey

:welcome: btw...

I agree with all the posts above. You should have no problems with the set-up as constituted. The Sony SACD player is a nice piece and will sound fine. Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement.

We have used the MF/ML combo in the store before and it truly is a great match! If you can get the A5 CD player, it is a real gem as well!

Was great to hear from some experience in this new field. Placed my order today. Look forward to the great results. Will keep you informed as the results come in.
Cheers, Cmore

Thanks for the source confidence.

I agree with all the posts above. You should have no problems with the set-up as constituted. The Sony SACD player is a nice piece and will sound fine. Good luck!

I appreciate the confidence with the source player as this is the keen piece to the whole. Will share the ride as things progress , ordered today the new speaks.
Cheers, cmore

Thanks, I am so looking forward to this.

Heard Summits through a MF A5 integrated and I thought it was superb... you're in for a good adventure through your music collection with what you got running there, buddy!

Enjoy!

Joey

:welcome: btw...

With the Summits , I'm stunned. this is going to be good. look forward to sharing the ride.
Cheers, Cmore

That is great, questions?

I am using a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amp and CD player with my Aerius speakers and find it to be an excellent match. I checked out the Vista's in January and think they would mate extremely well with MF electronics. Good luck.

PS. Thinking of upgrading myself (again!)

As a fellow MF user, were have you placed as a general standard, the volume level?

Thanks, I appreciate the vote of confidence, order was placed today. Will share the journey.
Cheers, Cmore

Hi to everyone, Placing my order for the ML Vista on Monday.
This is my first experience with this speaker and writing in forums. The question I have is will the Musical Fidelity A5
integrated amp and Sony scdxa9000es cd player be a good match in your view with the Vista's?

You're all good.
but dont listen to these jokers telling you to get another CD player though.
;)

Hi Cmore,

I live in an apartment so I rarely need to move the volume knob past the 9-10 o'clock position - about one quarter to one third of its range. I don't want to annoy the neighbors (except for the guy upstairs, who insists on vacuuming his apartment at 10PM every Sunday night ;) )

These amps have lots of power and can achieve fairly realistic sound pressure levels without having to crank it up all the way.

Happy listening.

Bob

Hi Cmore,

I live in an apartment so I rarely need to move the volume knob past the 9-10 o'clock position - about one quarter to one third of its range. I don't want to annoy the neighbors (except for the guy upstairs, who insists on vacuuming his apartment at 10PM every Sunday night ;) )

These amps have lots of power and can achieve fairly realistic sound pressure levels without having to crank it up all the way.

Happy listening.

Bob

Sounds good , another thing do the Ml's like power conditioners.
Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm about to find out about the power conditioner. I have a Shunyata Guardian 6 and some power cords on the way. I'll keep you posted.

Bob

Back