New Member - long time ML Owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gription

Reaction score
Stumbled on this forum after doing a general google search for schematics for my SL3's. While I've had them for quite awhile, recently a few issues have occurred and so far it looks like the resources here are quite good.

I've been playing with electronics since the 60's and in college I sold stereo equipment to make ends meet. In the late 80's I was a bench tech at a major regional electronics retailer, so I know my way around instruments and equipment before a career shift (sorry, I'm old). I can rarely find the time for dedicated listening sessions, but the other day, I noticed that one channel was playing at greatly reduced volume. Swapped cables to see if the problem moved, but no - the right speaker has a problem. The troubleshooting joy begins!

So far, the High Voltage supply checks out. Nothing toasted, all components good and there is 300V at the output.

Could be a panel or bad solder connection to the panel (will check this weekend). If the panel, then I'll re evaluate.

Of course it could also be something in the crossover, but that's unlikely.

Thank you for your response.

Welcome to the club.

With your skills, you should be able to narrow this down.

The bias voltage for the diaphragm should be more like 3Kv, did you drop a zero when typing, or is it only 300v?

Welcome to the site.

Did you get it figured out? Please keep the updates coming.:)

Back