New Member,Long time ML fan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightloopy

Reaction score
Hello all,
Great site. I have had SL3's since 1998 and was researching panel replacement. Over the past 2-3 yrs I just don't feel the magic I remember, shallower sounstage and lack of 3 dimensionality. I have attributed this to just getting older, playing in a band,etc. There is nothing overtly wrong with the speakers but is seems like the panels can slowly go over time,something akin to tubes wearing out. I've vacuumed the panels. Front end seems fine(Premier 16 retubed,VTL MB 250 retubed)I haven't given a serious listen at the dealer and anyway to upgrade would be at least 6K. Anybody gone down this path?
Thanks!

Welcome.....it's fair to say after twelve years your panels are in need of replacement. Some folks get more ....some get less...the enviroment that they are in is a big factor. Regardless a call to M/L will put you back on the road to sonic bliss !

Thanks. I have ordered the panels. BTW, beautiful system and I'm sure those speakers are just fine!

Thanks. Great room. Have you tried ASC Studio traps behind the speakers?

Back