New member, Hi

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan.keck

Reaction score
I recently acquired a pair of ESL Classic 9’s. First set of ML speakers other than a single in-ceiling 8” stereo speaker I put in my kitchen. Really enjoying these, upgraded from my Chartwell LS6. Just found this forum. I am primarily a vinyl head. Playing a Linn Axis turntable with Hana Umami Red, more recent acquisition of McIntosh C2700 and driving them with Mc462 amp.

Welcome! If they are new be patient with break in and then play with placement. A lot...you will be rewarded.
That amplifier should be more than adequate!

Hello and welcome.

That sounds like a good setup. I like vinyls too.
Which of the finish options did you get?

G'day Evan- K, greetings from down unda.

Congrats on the ESL Classic 9's! You'll be happy as!
BTW, nice one on the McIntosh pre-power, that MC462 should be mighty fine! A good mate of mine has a full array of mac amplifiers driving triple stacked Klipsch horns. He also had the Maggie 30.7's but the MC462 couldn't drive the very large 30.7's to their full potential, according to him... so they were sold off.

I found it to be ok but those uv meters were really going crazy... whereas on his Klipsch horns, those meters hardly ever move!

How do you find the mac amps with the Classic 9's? Partnered with the C2700 that should be a nice warm full bodied sound... and it gets warmer and midband more lucid and as those mac amps warm up. The mids open up more and the highs are far smoother. I experienced this level of performance only after several hours of running in... so pretty much the whole day! I guess the big Mac takes quite a while to get going...

Did you find a similar thing? What are your thoughts with the mac handling the stats very low impedence?

Cheers, RJ

Back