New Member - Hello from Des Moines, Iowa!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmke006

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Dave and just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! I owned the ReQuests from 2001 – 2017. I sold my beloved ReQuests and I’m currently the proud owner of the ESL 15A. I originally came here to research information for an amplifier upgrade and decided to join. Thanks for having me and look forward to informative discussions 😊

Congrats on the new speakers! I bet they sound awesome. Im using some old Prodigy speakers and they impress me. There is a thread on here about what amp to buy.

Welcome Dave, thanks for deciding to join. How are you enjoying your new speakers so far?

Welcome! I am sure you will get a ton of suggestions on amps. It is all a matter of synergy with everything else you have at the moment. I have a pair of CLSiiZ's and my rears are Sequel ii's. I power the CLS with a Pass Labs 150.8 and the Sequels since they are rear speakers are power by a three channel Anthem amp. ;)

Welcome!
I am enjoying my 13As, I didn't have room for the 15s dang it!
Enjoy!

Welcome Dave

I started with reQuests and ended up with 15a's myself this past year.

About 98 percent sure they are my final set of speakers. They are a ball and still in the break-in stage here at the shack.

Happy Spinning!!!

Welcome Dave, thanks for deciding to join. How are you enjoying your new speakers so far?
I absolutely love them! Love the way they look and especially the way they sound. I have to say I was very impressed by their mid and low base. I do own an SVS subwoofer but really don’t need to use it. Very happy!

Welcome! I am sure you will get a ton of suggestions on amps. It is all a matter of synergy with everything else you have at the moment. I have a pair of CLSiiZ's and my rears are Sequel ii's. I power the CLS with a Pass Labs 150.8 and the Sequels since they are rear speakers are power by a three channel Anthem amp. ;)
I'm considering the Pass Labs XA160. (5 or 8). I reached out to Pall Labs and because we don't have a dealer here in Iowa, they highly recommended Reno Hi-Fi. Looking at their site, they do offer in home trial. Plan to call them to the all the details.

Hi Dave 👋

Since you've been in the hobby for a while, do you know Dave Levy from Abbey Road HT in Des Moines?
I don’t know Dave from Abby Road Home Theater but I’m glad you mentioned them. I’m planning on building a dedicated listing room and I will be looking for an Acoustical Contractor. From their web-site I see they offer those services. Thanks!

I'm considering the Pass Labs XA160. (5 or 8). I reached out to Pall Labs and because we don't have a dealer here in Iowa, they highly recommended Reno Hi-Fi. Looking at their site, they do offer in home trial. Plan to call them to the all the details.

A fellow audiophile have fair amount of business with Mark @ Reno. Good guy!

I absolutely love them! Love the way they look and especially the way they sound. I have to say I was very impressed by their mid and low base. I do own an SVS subwoofer but really don’t need to use it. Very happy!
That's great, enjoy. Thanks for your response.

I bought my Pass Labs 150.8 from Reno Hi-Fi. THey are great to work with and if I my memory is still working, they will give you a 30 day trial.
Good Luck!
Ihave gone through many amps so if you have questions, just ask

Jeff

Suggest you visit with Mark at Reno Hi-Fi. He is a good guy will answer all your questions and concerns. He was very helpful to me, explaining things to the point that even I understood (mostly).

Very happy with the XA160.8 amps and XP-32 Preamp. As a number of folks here have mentioned, Martin Logan and Pass amps are a terrific match for each other.

What is the length of warranty on Pass Audio amps? Does it pay parts and labor I assume?

I'd love to get some.

According to their website... warranty is 3 years and covers parts and labor. Shipping is on you...

Back