New member - hello all!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estat

Reaction score
Kinda stumbled on this forum while doing some google searching....

Just wanted to introduce myself. Pretty new to audio (about a year), and working on a limited budget. Here's what I have (pics coming very soon):

Front: Vantages
Center: Focal CC800V
Rears: Montages
Sub: Gotta Dynamo, but not hooked up
Panel: Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma
Amp: Cambridge Audio 640R (one day I will be running mono's like you guys!)
Power Conditioner: Panamax M4300PM
Cables: Audioquest Type-8's

I'll be getting the Cambridge Audio 840C very soon, but I am a poor college kid.

You guys have a great site here! Hope you don't mind me picking your brains for info!

It sounds like your off to a rockin start! That's a great set up. Welcome to the club. Are you by chance employed at Sound Advice?

Hi from Cocoa Beach,

Sounds like a great start for a poor collage kid.

I started with the Montages and Dynamo last Oct... Now have a pair of Vistas and just today hooked up a new Depth i.

Oh yeah, watch out for that other poor collage kid, Joey_V, He's the Devil...

Satch

yep, been with SA for about a year now. It's funny how your priorities are mortgage, audio, electric, and food every month.

Nice system. Can't wait to see what you get when you get a real job and the budget doesn't matter as much. I think checking out the systems on this site makes almost anyone feel that they are on a budget.

Welcome aboard; this site is fantastic.

Uh oh! Deja vu

Another (poor) college kid with a pair of Vantages? Wasn't that the same starting point as the "devil with Rolex" seen lurking around in this forum? That can't be a coincidence, can it?

Estat, welcome. I'd remove this line "one day I will be running mono's like you guys!" before the "devil" sees it for that day may come a lot sooner than you'd think! Either remove the line or stock up on...ramen noodles. Your choice :)

Spike

Last edited:
Another (poor) college kid with a pair of Vantages? Wasn't that the same starting point as the "devil with Rolex" seen lurking around in this forum? That can't be a coincidence, can it?

Estat, welcome. I'd remove this line "one day I will be running mono's like you guys!" before the "devil" sees it for that day may come a lot sooner than you'd think! Either remove the line or stock up on...ramen noodles. Your choice :)

Spike

i choose ramen :)

Latest posts

Back